The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New suffix title QA2

MNH Haven't heard anyone complain!-- But a lot more $, QA2 for $20 Sounds cheap to me!

I have a question. Why QA2 as opposed to QAA ? Is it akin to 4x4 v Fx4

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

QAA designates a talent level. Its sole purpose is/was to establish a quality of competition to award championship points (12 dogs of this caliber are needed in every all-age stake, all-breed or specialty, to award points). It was never a title.

QA2 will be a suffix title. The 2 is in keeping with most AKC titles in that it would require more than a single performance

Tim
    You order a Lab; ask a Golden; but negotiate with a Chesapeake!

QA2 will be a suffix title. The 2 is in keeping with most AKC titles in that it would require more than a single performance
    Some how I managed to miss that

Well moving on; Will these two performances have to happen within a 12 month time peroid, which in certain cases is the length of time QAA designations now remain active?

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

In all cases a dog is QAA forever. You may be confusing dogs that may run a Special where eligibility is time sensitive.

Tim
    Last edited by Tim Carrion; 02-19-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    You order a Lab; ask a Golden; but negotiate with a Chesapeake!

Well if I don't manage to pick up Butthead's last Master pass for his MH title, at least I can get a QA2 title for him??? Damn that elusive Open win and measly Amauteur points I just couldn't manage to get...

Still on the fence...

FOM
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    Yes, there is a class of FT folks for whom a FT win is simply part of the requirements for qualifying for the nationals every year. There are folks who disparage greenies. There are also a lot of folks who run week in and week out and never finish AA stakes but set their own standards for success.

It is like that in most endeavors. There are some who are looking to win major tournaments and some who cant break 100.

However, I am sure that Bon and any of the FT folks you get to know on your journey would be the first to congratulate you on that first jam or placement in a Q, that first or second that earns you the designation, the first finish of an AA stake, the first win, etc. I know that has been the case with me. There is not a more welcoming group of folks I can think of than the FT community. I can assure you that Tiger Woods isn't going to call you when you first break 100, but a lot of top FT pros and amateurs called me with congratulations for every single milestone we have achieved, no matter how far beneath the level they were working towards.
    Very well said and if you ever get that golden moment as a Am to win an Open you will be amazed at the people who will contact you to congradulate you. So iff you must have a "title" for achieving a step along the way to the goal I guess go with it.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Carrion View Post
    In all cases a dog is QAA forever. You may be confusing dogs that may run a Special where eligibility is time sensitive.
    Tim
    Not to quibble but that sounds strangely like ...."a 12 month time peroid, which in certain cases is the length of time QAA designations now remain active"

So, what will happen with regard to elegibility to run a a special if the second leg of the QA2 is not gotten within a year ? And what then happens when the dog is A QA2 for a year and does nothing further to maintaine its elegibility to run a special ?

john

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Not to quibble but that sounds strangely like ...."a 12 month time peroid, which in certain cases is the length of time QAA designations now remain active"

So, what will happen with regard to elegibility to run a a special if the second leg of the QA2 is not gotten within a year ? And what then happens when the dog is A QA2 for a year and does nothing further to maintaine its elegibility to run a special ?

john
    For a $20 fee we can talk about it... So says the AKC...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post

john
    I guess it would be the same as any FC AFC or even a NFC that hasn't done anything in the time period to run a special. What's your point?

if john's against it, that's a good enough reason to like it all by itself!