The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New suffix title QA2

Doug

I think JF point is if you can find a silver lab specialty that is running an owner/handler qualifying and only two dogs are entered and you get a second place, you are halfway to the title QA2.
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by junbe View Post
    Doug

I think JF point is if you can find a silver lab specialty that is running an owner/handler qualifying and only two dogs are entered and you get a second place, you are halfway to the title QA2.

Yes. As opposed to a similar placing in a Q with a field such as this... http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...l=1#post330624

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 02-20-2014 at 06:42 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

[QUOTEYes. As opposed to a similar placing in a Q with a field such as this... http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...l=1#post330624
    ][/QUOTE]

Thanks John
    I appreciate the vote of confidence. Ha!Ha! he he (.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by junbe View Post
    Doug

Seriously? Now that there is funny. BTW that dog is eligible to run a Special for the remainder of the calendar year and all of next year.

If you guys are worried how any dog became qualified to run a limited, then your shoes are way too tight.

Not sure about the silver lab specialty. I have been to many for the Golden. If I recall the q numbers were always more than the open or AM. I think a 50 dog Golden Q is less preferable than a local club trial with the min amount of dogs.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Main View Post
    Seriously? Now that there is funny. BTW that dog is eligible to run a Special for the remainder of the calendar year and all of next year.

If you guys are worried how any dog became qualified to run a limited, then your shoes are way too tight.

I think it's something other than their shoes that is too tight

From the Rule Book

A Limited All-Age Stake at a Retriever trial shall be for dogs that have previously been placed or awarded a Judges’ Award of Merit in an Open All-Age Stake, Limited All-Age Stake, Special All-Age Stake, Restricted All-Age Stake, Amateur All-Age Stake, or Owner-Handler Amateur All-Age Stake carrying Championship points in each case, or that have been placed first or second in a Qualifying Stake or an Owner-Handler Qualifying Stake.

A Special All-Age Stake at a Retriever trial shall be for dogs that, during the period comprised of the previous calendar year and the current calendar year prior to the date of closing of entries for such trial, have been placed or awarded a Judges’ Award of Merit in an Open All-Age, Limited All-Age, Special All-Age, Restricted All-Age, Amateur All-Age, or Owner-Handler Amateur All-Age Stake carrying Championship points in each case, or have been placed first or second in a Qualifying Stake.

A Restricted All-Age Stake at a Retriever trial shall be for dogs that have been previously placed in an Open All-Age Stake, a Limited All-Age Stake, a Special All-Age Stake, a Restricted All-Age Stake, an Amateur All-Age Stake or an Owner-Handler Amateur All-Age Stake, in each case carrying championship points.
    An Amateur All-Age Stake at a Retriever trial
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post

Even though I want another FC/AFC who can qualify and compete in Nationals (this is the first time since 2003 that I have not had a titled dog on my truck), I try to appreciate the journey.

I have a five month puppy that I am working with now, that can almost heel backwards now, and it learning how to heel in increments around the clock. I am pretty pleased with that. If she makes the cut, when she finishes her first derby, I will be excited. And I will be excited when she gets her first place. And if she is still on the truck, when she gets QAA I will be excited then, too. Because I think it is important to enjoy the journey.

Do I enjoy the blue? Absolutely. But, more important to me is how hard my dog is trying and how well the two of us do as a team.
    I was going to respond to this thread but Ted pretty much stated my feelings for me.

I'm different in that I DO "collect dogs". I am totally OK with the idea of "moving on" if you're not satisfied with what you have, but when a dog comes to my house he's here to stay. Just the way I am.

Realizing how much that reduces my chances, just by the sheer number of opportunities, I still aspire for the top and shoot for the very best that we can achieve. From the first time I say "sit", my goal is to train to be the best we can be. If there were no such doggie games to play at all, I would still be trying to teach my dog the most complicated skills we could master. And whatever our level of ability, that is where we will play because we love it.

If AKC approves this "title", I will send my $20 in the next day and display the designation proudly! Even though my dog is no longer competing, she fulfilled the requirements in the Q at a young age. Even though we never got beyond a greenie in the Open, she did it with style and joy and we could always look around at the end and feel we were in damn good company!

And we absolutely DID enjoy the journey!

JS

I do agree that any placements earned in a stake that was not open to all retrievers and all handlers, should not count UNLESS there are separate "titles" designating such. There IS quite a difference there. JMO.
    Last edited by JS; 02-20-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Yes. As opposed to a similar placing in a Q with a field such as this... http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...l=1#post330624

john
    Ha, I remember that 50 doq Qual. I had double entered anticipating large entry, scratched and hauled out to Long Island to run the O/H at a HT. Only got 3rd though. Month later he did win a 40 dog "real" Q!
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    If AKC approves this "title", I will send my $20 in the next day and display the designation proudly! Even though my dog is no longer competing, she fulfilled the requirements in the Q at a young age. Even though we never got beyond a greenie in the Open, she did it with style and joy and we could always look around at the end and feel we were in damn good company!

And we absolutely DID enjoy the journey!

JS

I do agree that any placements earned in a stake that was not open to all retrievers and all handlers, should not count UNLESS there are separate "titles" designating such. There IS quite a difference there. JMO.

Will also send mine in and be proud of the achievement. Also agree with requiring placements in stakes open to all. Although my dog did go on to place in all-age stakes, winning a 47 dog Qual, open to all comers, will always be one my most special memories. Second place in an eleven dog O/H Qual associated with a Hunt Test, while certainly a commendable achievement, should be differentiated from a dog who placed in all-age stakes but never obtained that elusive championship title.
    Mark

Can You get the QA2 if you Jam in 2 upper stakes? Just wondering QAA is awarded for an Open or Amateur Jam; Got to keep my options open
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)