The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Money in Hunt Tests

  1. #1
    Member brandon a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Austin/Victoria TX
    Posts
    64

    Default Money in Hunt Tests

    Where does it go?

    Where does the money from your entry fee end up?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Longview Texas
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Can't wait to see this one. Someone's head is bound to spin right off. The club ain't making a killing if that's what you're asking.

  3. #3
    Senior Member DoubleHaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N. Cackalacky
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    About 93% of our typical HT revenues go to expenses to put on the event, leaving around 7% profit. Big ticket items are birds (~35%) judges expenses (~35%), donation to ROTC for BBs (~10%). AKC and EE fees run about 8%.

    Of course, that is if things go well, you make a profit.
    Last edited by DoubleHaul; 02-19-2014 at 01:42 PM.

  4. #4
    Member brandon a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Austin/Victoria TX
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Marshall View Post
    Can't wait to see this one. Someone's head is bound to spin right off. The club ain't making a killing if that's what you're asking.

    Definitely not what I am insinuating, I am just curious where it all goes. I mean 100 MH at 100 a piece... that is 10K, then tack on the SH and JH, there is a fair amount of money moved around over a weekend, just wondering where all of it goes.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Charles C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Marshall, TX
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    The club officers split the profits after it's all over. Our last field trial lost money.

  6. #6
    Senior Member justin300mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    323

    Default

    It goes to putting on the test. paying bird boys, paying judges expenses, meals and lodging. fees have to be paid to AKC, buy ribbons, buy ducks, rent porta potties. etc. etc. If you are real lucky the club has a little left over that pays for club expenses such as insurance, new popper guns, wingers and other equipment. but it does not always work out that way. Our club generally makes a little money on our field trial and loses on the hunt test.

  7. #7
    Senior Member DoubleHaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N. Cackalacky
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    The club officers split the profits after it's all over. Our last field trial lost money.
    I am going to bring this up at our next meeting. I am sure the Executive Committee will vote in favor. When all is said and done, we may be able to buy ourselves a box of poppers or something

  8. #8
    Member brandon a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Austin/Victoria TX
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I guess I should have been more specific in my question.

    What do the judges typically require for payment?
    How much are the AKC and EE fees per dog?
    Is there a maximum you can charge for a MH test?

  9. #9
    Senior Member mitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon a View Post
    I guess I should have been more specific in my question.

    What do the judges typically require for payment?
    How much are the AKC and EE fees per dog?
    Is there a maximum you can charge for a MH test?
    Judges get paid?
    Renee P

  10. #10
    Senior Member DoubleHaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N. Cackalacky
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon a View Post
    I guess I should have been more specific in my question.

    What do the judges typically require for payment?
    How much are the AKC and EE fees per dog?
    Is there a maximum you can charge for a MH test?
    Judges are typically reimbursed for their travel expenses. The club usually has a dinner for the judges and gives them a gift for judging.

    EE fees for the catalogs and shipping are not a huge deal. AKC gets $3.50 per dog entered, even for scratches.

    There is no stated maximum but the AKC may not approve the application if they think the entry fee is too high.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •