I have a 10 week old YLM. Really been a great pup. Attentive, listens, working on basic obedience: sit, come, etc. I've been doing what most programs say to do. Throwing a few very short marks in a controlled environment and then putting the toy/canvas bumper away before he loses interest in it.
I've thrown a few for him outside (no leash) and he brings them back about 75% of the time. The other 25% he runs off and plays with them so I stop then. At what age should check chords be introduced to make sure he's bringing the bumper back to me? I don't want to reinforce or develop a bad habit, but I know he's only 10 weeks and can't expect too much.