The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun X 209 starter Pistol

They are not made by Charter Arms... So this is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    This is a wild thought with no facts to back it up: could it be that the company that produces the frame which is identical to the Charter Arms models have dedicated all their resources to making real firearms and the market and profit margin for making the Gun-X makes it cost prohibitive..How many Gun X's are they going to sell as opposed to selling a Charter Arms Bulldog in .38

Quote Originally Posted by duckstruck View Post
    What gun would you buy instead????
    A used NEF .22 cal 9 shot starter pistol !!!

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Where is the serial # located on the GunX? I know I got one of the first ones but it don't have any numbers on it. Only has Trainer 209 Primer on one side of the barrel and GunX Shelton CT on the other side.

Then your primer gun has the lifetime warranty if it doesn't have a SN. The new ones don't carry the warranty . Mine is in for repairs now. The metal piece that hits firing pin broke on mine and everyone else's I know. But they are repairing them quick. Maybe they are looking into redesigning that piece but I don't know.
    The will to win is important,but the will to prepare is vital.
    Joe Paterno

I think they all have a lifetime warranty. The early guns had a S/N and you could pay extra for the warranty for that particular number. All have the warranty so no need for the S/N.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Quote Originally Posted by John Lash View Post
    I think they all have a lifetime warranty. The early guns had a S/N and you could pay extra for the warranty for that particular number. All have the warranty so no need for the S/N.
    John, the warranty information on the website has changed. The newer model guns need to be registered and have a 1 year warranty.
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc

Hmmm then they must have started numbering them again. I ordered early and got # 17, I think.
    John Lash

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

I looked at the site. The warranty stuff may be old information. Elsewhere it talks about the lifetime warranty, with no mention of the extra charge.
    John Lash