The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: $5.9 billion in profit = No 2013 federal taxes

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Shine....that explains a lot about you!
    And what does that explain? I am not a religious person? If you are religious and have a faith in a higher power, that's your choice. Just like everything else between you and me, different beliefs.
    Last edited by shinyhead; 03-06-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    There are lots of things in life that are more important to "me" than a church. Duck hunting, family, job , not in any particular order, just to name a few. I don't put a lot of emphasis on church or religion. If I am destined for Hell, there will be a whole bunch of Bible Thumpers right there with me.
    No need to worry about Hell any longer! The current Pope is taking his religion, followers and church into the 21st Century and stated recently that Hell does not exist. That Adam & Eve are fables and that Evolution is real. How will Preachers get donations now without the promise of getting the flock a "get out of Hell" Pass?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

And what does that explain? I am not a religious person? If you are religious and have a faith in a higher power, that's your choice. Just like everything else between you and me, different beliefs.
    Yes, this fine country we all live in gives us the 'right' to choose what we believe, but those that have a belief in a higher power, think differently than those who do not...that is my only point....

Those that are believers will understand what I am saying, those that do not believe may not understand....
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 03-07-2014 at 09:24 AM.

I just have never seen where going to church and giving the church money has done any good. All the prayers that people say "works", has never came to fruition for anyone that I personally know. Some of my friends were devout christians, went to church regularly, gave 10% of their salary. They prayed and prayed for many things, not material things mind you, just things they prayed about. Never have one of their prayers been answered. So I am just a tad cynical and skeptical of the whole religion/faith thing. Just doesn't work for me. I heard the story about the guy that had to put his hand in a wound or something like that to believe in Jesus. I am that guy. Show me yourself and prove to me you are real, otherwise, I just don't believe.

It is amazing how a thread on corporate tax avoidance turned into a thread on:
    racism - been discussed before &
    religion - been discussed before with no conclusion -
    TBS - there is a lot of new stuff on the company aforementioned - Wii start a new
    thread as time allows -

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I just have never seen where going to church and giving the church money has done any good. All the prayers that people say "works", has never came to fruition for anyone that I personally know. Some of my friends were devout christians, went to church regularly, gave 10% of their salary. They prayed and prayed for many things, not material things mind you, just things they prayed about. Never have one of their prayers been answered. So I am just a tad cynical and skeptical of the whole religion/faith thing. Just doesn't work for me. I heard the story about the guy that had to put his hand in a wound or something like that to believe in Jesus. I am that guy. Show me yourself and prove to me you are real, otherwise, I just don't believe.
    I do not attend church, the most important thing Christians prey for is salvation for loved ones and their own soles, which has yet to come...so saying prayers were never answered, is not possible...for the living anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I do not attend church, the most important thing Christians prey for is salvation for loved ones and their own soles, which has yet to come...so saying prayers were never answered, is not possible...for the living anyway!
    You pray for your feet? How very odd. Or is it the bottom of your shoes that need saving? Either way, how very odd.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Golddogs, He said prey for soles, so maybe Swampy is hunting for feet or shoes. Like all great thinkers, Swamplogic can be complicated

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Golddogs, He said prey for soles, so maybe Swampy is hunting for feet or shoes. Like all great thinkers, Swamplogic can be complicated
    mjh345 and Golddogs..... As Atheists I am amazed you all got it….!