The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: AND NOW...for the news from 'downunder'.

  1. #31
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,536

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elpbs6kb8Ys

    Pause the youtube at 1:22 It goes by fast. Consider it my contribution to the creation/evolution thread. JD


    Back to the OP
    Last edited by JDogger; 03-01-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Looking forward to 2020 and just the clips.

  3. #33
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    We know that the person who posted #4 is a real expert on this sort of thing because he used to sit around & listen to State Dept folks
    We know that Sarge is also an expert on the subject because he spent a lot of time as a social worker
    What we don't know is why kind of expert you are as I've only seen a brief discussion of what dog games you play?
    Before I go any further - Are you capable of understanding anything,if so, expound? & do you have a name?
    That's not all I did in life Marv. I too have been down in hard rock mines -- 27 levels vs. your 80. But, they all look the same with the lights out.

    I don't believe your mining engineering has much to do with climatic studies. You claim to be a mining ventilation expert. As you know, you have to BLOW HARD to ventilate 80 levels of mine works. But, I challenged you to give a knowledgeable scientific discussion from your viewpoint. All you can do is reply with an emotionally driven attack after some delay, which tells me you don't know squat and you are embarrassed to admit it.

    Come on, Marv. Enlighten us with the great scope of your knowledge and the elegance of your erudition.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-02-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver CANADA
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    We know that the person who posted #4 is a real expert on this sort of thing because he used to sit around & listen to State Dept folks
    We know that Sarge is also an expert on the subject because he spent a lot of time as a social worker
    What we don't know is why kind of expert you are as I've only seen a brief discussion of what dog games you play?
    Before I go any further - Are you capable of understanding anything,if so, expound? & do you have a name?
    Marvin S. Said:
    Actually, I happen to agree that a significant amount of CO2 comes from volcanic sources -
    & believe I have the science background & experience to make that case.


    I have not offered any expert opinion and therefore my name and credentials are not germane to this discussion, you on the other hand have offered yourself as qualified to state an opinion and cast aspersions on the opinions and intellectual integrity of others. You have been offered an opportunity to validate your position by posting facts which do not:
    "rely on very flimsy & dishonest methods to arrive at that state of ."
    Failure to substantiate your claims will discredit your current claim and any other pronouncements you may make on this topic. UB has already abandoned his post are you to do likewise?
    Last edited by blind ambition; 03-02-2014 at 01:16 AM.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

    A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Actually, it is. I happen to agree that a significant amount of CO2 comes from volcanic sources -
    & believe I have the science background & experience to make that case.

    Those of you who consider themselves believers, regardless of pedigree, rely on very flimsy &
    dishonest methods to arrive at that state of .
    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Would you please post something to directly refute the information provided in the links in post #4. I would very much like to see some credible scientific evidence for the volcanic CO2 source being greater than that of fossil fuels use by mankind.
    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Of course it is! I suspect that Marvin's delay is proof of the thoroughness of his research not his inability to find peer reviewed support for his position. You can be certain that he won't:
    "rely on very flimsy & dishonest methods to arrive at that state of ."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    We know that the person who posted #4 is a real expert on this sort of thing because he used to sit around & listen to State Dept folks
    We know that Sarge is also an expert on the subject because he spent a lot of time as a social worker
    What we don't know is why kind of expert you are as I've only seen a brief discussion of what dog games you play?
    Before I go any further - Are you capable of understanding anything,if so, expound? & do you have a name?
    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Marvin S. Said:
    Actually, I happen to agree that a significant amount of CO2 comes from volcanic sources -
    & believe I have the science background & experience to make that case.


    I have not offered any expert opinion and therefore my name and credentials are not germane to this discussion, you on the other hand have offered yourself as qualified to state an opinion and cast aspersions on the opinions and intellectual integrity of others. You have been offered an opportunity to validate your position by posting facts which do not:
    "rely on very flimsy & dishonest methods to arrive at that state of ."
    Failure to substantiate your claims will discredit your current claim and any other pronouncements you may make on this topic. UB has already abandoned his post are you to do likewise?
    I have not read the links on post 4. Too many of the links posted by the believers are from credentialed sources who are dishonest or on the take.
    Your name & credentials are germane to the discussion as I am not interested in posting to someone incapable of understanding .
    When they are posted I will respond with what I have, WTW .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  6. #36
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Have a run at it, Marv. Blinders may have more credentials than you and for my part I'll gladly take a look at what you have to offer. But, it becoming obvious you are stalling and you have painted yourself into a corner you can't slip out of. Insults and acting like a Grand Poobah isn't going to grease your way out of this one. Delivering the goods or an act of humility might. You know we are waiting for you.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Have a run at it, Marv. Blinders may have more credentials than you and for my part I'll gladly take a look at what you have to offer. But, it becoming obvious you are stalling and you have painted yourself into a corner you can't slip out of. Insults and acting like a Grand Poobah isn't going to grease your way out of this one. Delivering the goods or an act of humility might. You know we are waiting for you.
    FYI - I really don't give a rat's zzz what your feelings are - if you remember, sometime back you apologized to me
    for coming to a conclusion that was personal, something you have a tendency to do - along with poorly thought
    out conclusions - as far as I'm concerned, you are no longer in this conversation but your friend from Canada is &
    until she comes through there will be no more from me on why I believe as I do.

    In my new job, which keeps me at times to busy to post, I see a lot of interesting stuff, meet a lot of interesting people
    along with those not so, kinda like this forum. About a week ago I attended a dinner for elected officials of the 23 city's
    that comprise our county. After the business part of the meeting we were treated to a speech by someone from Toronto,
    I believe the head of a department at U of Toronto, who talked of branding a city. His opening statement was a comment
    about climate change, & very poorly done. The rest of his speech was also poorly presented but there were parts that
    were gleanable. He talked of the new push to return to the city & public transport (we all know how that works during
    a climate event ). After the speech I thought of the poor students that had to listen top that drivel .

    His focus city was South St. Paul & the urban renewal done there over the last decade or so. He noted that the push in that
    direction had started 3 mayors prior (would that have been Coleman?). I listened as I have always been a strong proponent
    of parks & trails in a city for many reasons. I spent a couple of years in my early teens in Sioux Falls, SD, a city that meets
    that criteria.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  8. #38
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    His focus city was South St. Paul & the urban renewal done there over the last decade or so. He noted that the push in that
    direction had started 3 mayors prior (would that have been Coleman?). I listened as I have always been a strong proponent
    of parks & trails in a city for many reasons. I spent a couple of years in my early teens in Sioux Falls, SD, a city that meets
    that criteria.
    Sorry Marv, but no urban renewal happing in SSP.


    You may be thinking of St. Paul, the State capitol. And no, it was not Norm Coleman who started the effort, unless you count his push to build a publicly subsidized arena for the Minnesota Wild Hockey team in 93'.
    The current urban renewal began under Randy Kelly in 02 and has continued for good or bad under Chris Coleman(no relation to Norm ). Most of it a Federally subsidized Light Rail mess that has cost Billions, displaced many jobs and Mom and Pop operations and will never pay for itself, in addition to wasting millions on bike routes for a minority of residents at the cost of better streets and maintenance of our existing parks and trails.

    SSP has not been on the radar much since the slaughter houses closed 40 years ago. ( Swift, Armour, American Pork, Hormel) and major improvements to the waste water plant were made and they finally finished the new bridge over the Mississippi River. They do have one of better girls hockey programs in the State however.

    Hate those pesky details.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    FYI - I really don't give a rat's zzz what your feelings are - if you remember, sometime back you apologized to me
    for coming to a conclusion that was personal, something you have a tendency to do - along with poorly thought
    out conclusions - as far as I'm concerned, you are no longer in this conversation but your friend from Canada is &
    until she comes through there will be no more from me on why I believe as I do.

    In my new job, which keeps me at times to busy to post, I see a lot of interesting stuff, meet a lot of interesting people
    along with those not so, kinda like this forum. About a week ago I attended a dinner for elected officials of the 23 city's
    that comprise our county. After the business part of the meeting we were treated to a speech by someone from Toronto,
    I believe the head of a department at U of Toronto, who talked of branding a city. His opening statement was a comment
    about climate change, & very poorly done. The rest of his speech was also poorly presented but there were parts that
    were gleanable. He talked of the new push to return to the city & public transport (we all know how that works during
    a climate event ). After the speech I thought of the poor students that had to listen top that drivel .

    His focus city was South St. Paul & the urban renewal done there over the last decade or so. He noted that the push in that
    direction had started 3 mayors prior (would that have been Coleman?). I listened as I have always been a strong proponent
    of parks & trails in a city for many reasons. I spent a couple of years in my early teens in Sioux Falls, SD, a city that meets
    that criteria.
    Right Marvin, you are great; we got that.
    Now do you have any enlightenment for us unfed mouth breathing heathens. We are starved for your wisdom and unbiased clarity.
    Are you just gonna hide out behind the skirts of the lady from Canada? What will you do if she actually responds?

    Put up or shut up Marv

  10. #40
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    The jury is in and Marv doesn't know squat about volcanic vs. human induced CO2 levels. He doesn't even know squat about the lecture he purports to have heard.

    Marv, you over reached and can not deliver. I knew you would never have the humility to admit you are off base and the word "apology" as it applies to you is not in your lexicon. Marv, you have proven yourself to be an overblown fraud. What is even more entertaining is the fact you keep sticking your foot deeper in the skitah.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-02-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •