The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our puppy is here!

Default Our puppy is here!

This is Raeleigh, the newest member of the family. Very spontaneous and outgoing for a short period of time then sleepy for the rest! She will be the first dog I have ever trained and I think I have decided to start with the Hillman puppy program but I'm not sure how long to wait to start? And I'm not really positive what I would like to transition into, I have heard a lot about Mike lardy. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please enjoy your puppy.....Bonding is so important that this stage.....

Thank you BJ. I just received my books the other day from your suggestions I am planning to go over them this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by jdemink View Post
    Thank you BJ. I just received my books the other day from your suggestions I am planning to go over them this weekend!
    Again...I am very sorry what I said earlier. I believe the books will help you become a better trainer in understanding dogs and in turn your dog understanding you.
    If we were talking in real person to person, you would understand that my intent is to teach and not slander....I wish you the best....

No apologies needed no offense taken here. But I do appreciate all and any help I can get. This new experience is going to be the best one yet.

Thank you for understanding and yes it will bring you an new experience that you will never forget.
    I don't like to use this word, but never stop asking no matter what it brings you. There are good people out there.

Cheers
    BJ

Love that bald little tummy.
    A cold nose feels good on a hot day.....
    Majestic Oaks Liberty Belle JH

I did the Hillmann program as well, the dog in the video was 11 weeks old when they started filming so that's when I started with my dog. But as BJ said, socialization should be your focus right now! As for what program to transition into, from reading past posts most people will say that it depends on what you want your dog for (waterfowl, upland, competition).

Great looking pup! Congrats on the new addition and good luck.

Got to love those little ones! Get a crate, start on house breaking, shes got to think of that as her safe, comfy place. Socialize, take her everwhere, heck mine pooped in the lobby of the bank at 7-1/2 weeks old and ever one there thought he was so cute they cleaned up the mess and the tellers all took turns taking a break to come and see him, it took over 30 minutes to cash my check! Now is when she has to see and meet every and anything, she's not old enough to start to be afraid of new things so let her (safely) meet and greet all thats ahead. Find a club, training group or mentor and have fun. Take it slow and be happy, happy!!!!

Best of luck and don't be suprised at the places she may take you, once you start training and see what she's got you'll probably get sucked into one of these games like the rest of us!
    Dennis
    Revilo Tru Betrlate Than Never (AKC & CKC QAA) 1/17/96 - 6/22/09
    High Voltage Power Ranger MH