The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: First Big D.....Now Heart of Texas

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

Boys it is time to stop the personal stuff. Give it up and let's all try to get a handle progressively.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosier View Post
    This guy gets it. The key is to let the clubs do whats best for them. Period.

4like minded pros? Whats that got to do with anything? You know where there are 4 like minded Ams in any given club?
    As you should know you need 5 Club members to be on the HT committee. 4 plus the 1 is 5, like minded pros who are willing to be a AKC licensed club in order to hold an AKC licensed event. Do all of the prep work 3-6 months in advance, show up a day before the test to work with the Saturday judges, host the judges dinner, show up at 6 on Saturday to be sure all of the workers know where they are to be, put out fires from the pros who could run client dogs, clean up everything and come back at 6 the next day.

Because we do have such AM's in our club, we do have 4 like minded people willing to host events so those of us who love the sport have a place to go. When we decide enough is enough, the pro handlers will be left with no where to go unless they decide to become active club members, plan organize and staff the events so they and the other pro handlers have a place to go.

That is what it has to do with having like minded pros.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by jacduck View Post
    Boys it is time to stop the personal stuff. Give it up and let's all try to get a handle progressively.
    What he said! I'm positive Chris doesn't want/need/desire for another moved thread so he can be beat up for doing such!

FOM
    RTF Moderator
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by JoeOverby View Post
    I just admitted to saying the latter!! Damn you're ignorant! I said a flight not a test. Big difference... but I tell you what Mark. I'm done arguing with you too...it gets me no where talking to someone who makes no valid point at any time anywhere in any argument ever...
    BTW, throwing chip shots at you between water blinds isn't all that hard. Enjoy your pot stirring short bus.
    The valid point he's making is you keep bringing up this right of a pro to earn a living and how these tests would run much smoother if a test was filled with pros only, but neither of those have any merit. There is no such thing as a right to earn a living in this sport - if it weren't for the amateur guys that line up judges, grounds, birds, hotels, equipment, throwers, ribbons, akc approval, lunches, marshalls, entry express, etc. etc. etc., there would be no tests. A hunt test is not a training day, which is what you seem to think. There's a lot more that goes on than what you see on the day of a test. I also question whether a test filled with pros would run more smoothly. What if there's an honor? What if those pros have dogs in different tests on a different property? There's a reason everyone disagrees with you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    The valid point he's making is you keep bringing up this right of a pro to earn a living and how these tests would run much smoother if a test was filled with pros only, but neither of those have any merit. There is no such thing as a right to earn a living in this sport - if it weren't for the amateur guys that line up judges, grounds, birds, hotels, equipment, throwers, ribbons, akc approval, lunches, marshalls, entry express, etc. etc. etc., there would be no tests. A hunt test is not a training day, which is what you seem to think. There's a lot more that goes on than what you see on the day of a test. I also question whether a test filled with pros would run more smoothly. What if there's an honor? What if those pros have dogs in different tests on a different property? There's a reason everyone disagrees with you ...
    as an Amateur that assists Joe a lot and is a friend and a fellow club member that helps him run our test every year i can say that you are off base when you say to him "theres a lot more that goes on than what you see on the day of a test". He knows everything that has to happen to put on a successful test. We (Joe, me, and about 6 or 7 other like-minded amateurs are like probably most all other clubs). The minority of the people puts out the majority of the work, sacrifice and sweat to make a test successful. We love the game, the dogs, and most the people involved and do it for them. He's focused on making sure our test can be a good experience for as many people as humanly possible. I would safely say we will do our best to provide probably at least 6 flights of finished dogs a place to run this season as we had to turn dogs away last year with 4. Anyway, just clarifying, that he knows how a test runs.
    HRCH Hudson River Drake (Possom)
    HRCH Hudson River Saying Grace (Gracie)

I'm kinda hoping Joe continues with the "Candler Creek Retrievers" advertising and promotional clinic he has been putting on the last two days..

When I see a pro replying to these posts for hours at a time, it makes it clear to me how a pro trainer has time to get his dog entered in events.
    Off to check EE before my lunch break is over regards

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    As you should know you need 5 Club members to be on the HT committee. 4 plus the 1 is 5, like minded pros who are willing to be a AKC licensed club in order to hold an AKC licensed event. Do all of the prep work 3-6 months in advance, show up a day before the test to work with the Saturday judges, host the judges dinner, show up at 6 on Saturday to be sure all of the workers know where they are to be, put out fires from the pros who could run client dogs, clean up everything and come back at 6 the next day.

Because we do have such AM's in our club, we do have 4 like minded people willing to host events so those of us who love the sport have a place to go. When we decide enough is enough, the pro handlers will be left with no where to go unless they decide to become active club members, plan organize and staff the events so they and the other pro handlers have a place to go.

That is what it has to do with having like minded pros.
    Just entered one where the committee was three like minded pros, the rest clients and relatives basically. Three FTs a year. Not to mention two HTs per year that are run on theses grounds. I can think of several others on my circuit where the pros not only let the trial be held on their grounds but are on the committee, lining up judges, working the event and running dogs and let the grounds be used for HTs.

You are just dead wrong when you argue that pros don't do anything for putting on events. They don't put them all on but we would lose a big chunk of the ones on our circuit if these folks went away.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaineT View Post
    I would safely say we will do our best to provide probably at least 6 flights of finished dogs a place to run this season as we had to turn dogs away last year with 4.
    Do tell Blaine
    So you are telling us that "Mr NO LIMITS,"who lives in a world of infinite resources and trust fund baby clients & has assured us all that he would do everything possible, including leasing more grounds, moving the test {at the last minute} etc to see to it that there were NO LIMITS and everybody could enter and run; has in fact LIMITED ENTRIES!!!!!!!!

Tell me Blaine is the sky falling at Candler Creek Retrievers and the rest of PIE IN THE SKY LAND??!?!?!??

Your buddy "Josef has managed to imply and outright call other clubs and their members who do this LAZY.
    In order to retain your brownie points, Please tell us what excludes Komrade Kandler Kreek from being painted with the same broad LAZY Brush which he so LIBERALLY wields against others

Quote Originally Posted by BlaineT View Post
    as an Amateur that assists Joe a lot and is a friend and a fellow club member that helps him run our test every year i can say that you are off base when you say to him "theres a lot more that goes on than what you see on the day of a test". He knows everything that has to happen to put on a successful test. We (Joe, me, and about 6 or 7 other like-minded amateurs are like probably most all other clubs). The minority of the people puts out the majority of the work, sacrifice and sweat to make a test successful. We love the game, the dogs, and most the people involved and do it for them. He's focused on making sure our test can be a good experience for as many people as humanly possible. I would safely say we will do our best to provide probably at least 6 flights of finished dogs a place to run this season as we had to turn dogs away last year with 4. Anyway, just clarifying, that he knows how a test runs.
    That may very well be the case, but his opinion is inconsistent with that knowledge.