The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: First Big D.....Now Heart of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Better yet, we can put on a test only for pros and all go fishing instead of helping and see how that works out for ya...
    I know exactly how it'd work. They'd hire bird boys and a secretary and put on the test. They'd run 300+ dogs and probably be done by Sunday at dinnertime and still have time to catch a fish in the tech pond if they so desired........
    HRCH Brady's BlackGold Benelli "Nelli"

Blackgold's Lewd Lady "Kate"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosier View Post
    Good grief, can y'all not get the gist of what I was trying to say? Maybe I should've typed, "pros drive the sport because some amateurs have lives outside of running dogs every day and simply cannot devote the time to it to do it at the desired level, therefore they pay a pro"
    Yeah the gist is that they are absentee owners...they are TAKER! They are part of the problem that the ones who are volunteering to put on an event have to support...and those volunteers deserve to have an opportunity to run their own event...

edit: there are many who utilize pros who are not takers...but there seems to be many who are, using a pro does not make you a taker
    Last edited by FOM; 02-24-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Perfect- I'll just pull up a lawn chair and a coupla longnecks and watch this show.

The only thing any 2 Pros can agree on is that other dumb SOB ain't got a clue. I was wondering though- who is going to judge this spectacle? Speaking of ain't got a clue- you must be the Chairman of the board of that particular institution.

Sitting in the shade sipping cold one regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosier View Post
    I know exactly how it'd work. They'd hire bird boys and a secretary and put on the test. They'd run 300+ dogs and probably be done by Sunday at dinnertime and still have time to catch a fish in the tech pond if they so desired........
    Will ya ask them to put on a few events in CO?! I'd love to enter and sit on my arse...

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nope. I'm a "taker". If I came to Colorado, I'd be smoking weed and snow skiing.

Y'all have fun, the fish are biting and I've got to be at the lake early so I can get to my spot before anybody else. Theres a one boat limit on that brush pile and if I don't get to it in time, I don't get to play........get it?
    HRCH Brady's BlackGold Benelli "Nelli"

Blackgold's Lewd Lady "Kate"

Chris I did not say you specifically a taker, but enjoy fishing hope ya get to your bush, but don't be too upset if there are a few other fisherman crowding ya out of your spot.

its all good...

but I still think everyone is focusing on the symptoms and not the cause - qualifying for the Master National....but what do I know, I should just stick to HTS/FTS duties, marshaling, chunking birds and whatever else needs to be done...nothing like the smell of dead duck on your hands while ya eat a smushed subway sandwich! Mmmmm....oh memories....oohhhh memories...

maybe I should of ordered that second glass of wine!

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL, do you see the irony and contradiction in your post?
    Just in case you don't I'll give you a hint. If pros drive this sport and every am had the same attitude you do, who would show up to put on the test?
    Fact of the matter is, when entries are low who do you call and ask if they can bring a bunch of dogs??? PROS. The pro was born out of necessity, weather it be from lazy owners or poor handlers, there was a need and they filled it. The End. Good Night. PERIOD. Do they do it for free, I'm sure there are pro bono cases they accept from time to time. But the same bills y'all cry about having to work to pay and can't watch EE, are the same bills they are working to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaineT View Post
    are you gonna take Lemon with you, or are y'all still mad with each other? If not, ill go.
    Sorry Chris and Blaine, I'm running chubby in the test Chris couldn't get in. Who'd a thunk it? An am got registered for a master test, I'll be danged!

I've come up with a solution...no tests west of Mississippi or north of Tennessee. Apparently no means are available to pull it off outside that boundary

Better yet, we can put on a test only for pros and all go fishing instead of helping and see how that works out for ya...
    Isn't that what most ams with pros do?

/paul

sorry trying to stay out of this discussion but I think your missing a point
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

This is copied and pasted from the history of hunt tests from the AKC web page.
    In the 1980s hunters with good retrievers, but without the resources, or time, to be able to be competitive in field trials were anxious to have an avenue to test their dogs for hunting abilities.
    What the hell happened?
    Greg Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Perfect- I'll just pull up a lawn chair and a coupla longnecks and watch this show.

The only thing any 2 Pros can agree on is that other dumb SOB ain't got a clue. I was wondering though- who is going to judge this spectacle? Speaking of ain't got a clue- you must be the Chairman of the board of that particular institution.

Sitting in the shade sipping cold one regards

Bubba
    well I can tell ya which pros are sobs with no clue. I'll sit next too ya while we watch my clients run their dogs and volunteer to help while discussing what in gods green earth ever made me decide to take money for training dogs. In fact while sitting in those chairs we can evaluate how each dog did and hand out ribbons at the end.

Not all pros are evil, we just act evil on the internet

pass me another beer

/paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"