The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Master National Discussion is pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Nobody cured cancer. The good ideas can be reposted by those with the passion and the ideas.
    Not really. You lose the passion. It's kind of like you and your honey getting romantic one night and having one of the kids bust in. That moment is gone. You may get back to business, but it's not the same because now your sure that door is going to swing open again. You lost that loving feeling.

Your board your your the one who has to act when some pansy ass threatens to sue you. Your call. As I have said for many years and you are well aware I don't agree with pulling threads but little consequences for me.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Not really. You lose the passion. It's kind of like you and your honey getting romantic one night and having one of the kids bust in. That moment is gone. You may get back to business, but it's not the same because now your sure that door is going to swing open again. You lost that loving feeling.

Your board your your the one who has to act when some pansy ass threatens to sue you. Your call. As I have said for many years and you are well aware I don't agree with pulling threads but little consequences for me.
    It's easy to tell someone to accept risks when you don't have to shoulder the consequences of that risk, but they do.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    It's easy to tell someone to accept risks when you don't have to shoulder the consequences of that risk, but they do.
    Ted I don't see anything in that statement telling anyone to accept risk. In fact just the opposite, I clearly say that it's his board and he is the one who has to act when some pansy ass threatens him and that it is his call.
    That doesn't change the fact that I don't like it when a hot topic gets pulled. What's the problem with that?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Corey,

Your first paragraph about losing the passion is also applicable for me with running this resource.

Frankly, I sometimes feel like folks enjoy sniping at me and what I do...sometimes here, sometimes in their own little groups. I don't expect everybody to like me. I don't expect everybody to agree with me.

But I tend to lose some passion about running this thing sometimes when the sniping comes up. For the most part, I've dealt with those individuals privately - frequently over the phone. Many times, it results in some cooperation. Not always.

But I get it.

Hey, it comes with the territory. But this weekend is the first bare ground we've seen in weeks. And rather than training dogs, I've found myself spending more time on here - not for fun reasons - than I'd like.

Headed out the door now, in fact.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

I certainly hope that anyone that has ever threatened you with legal issues has lost their ability to read and post on this forum. Like Ed, it's your park, I just like to play on the merry go round. It's just that I am not a fan of just taking the swing set away when the bully is shoving the good kids off of it.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I didn't take away a piece of playground equipment. I erased the chalk on the asphalt for the hopscotch game.

Step up and draw some new squares!

There's abundant bare pavement with no traffic. It's a clean slate.

And yes, To quote a very good friend: "Why is it that the biggest loudmouths post under a handle only?"

I concur with that. I agree there are valid reasons for folks to want to conceal their identity. For those folks, why they choose to be so controversial and outspoken escapes me. I guess we don't all have the same values and levels of integrity.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

when you take to posting on the internet, you do so a your own peril. If people think they are truely anonymous, they are only kidding themselves. It doesn't take much to figure out who they are. To cry foul is ludicrous.

Some of us have stepped up and told Chris in the past that he would be defended pro bono ...
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I find this forum to be a privilege. I am glad it exists and for the ability to participate on it. Thank you!
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Hey Chris!

I have no dog in this fight a-tall, but I think it's about time you pulled this one too. We all see where this is headed.

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by eda View Post
    the discussion was worth keeping, i have no stake in this but just because a couple of people had a disagreement does not mean the discussion should be terminated.

Punish the one who questions the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with him but not the entire community.
    I agree , those that get ugly put themselves out there as just that.