The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Master National Discussion is pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Pretty sad if threads can get pulled because one person gets out of hand. Way to much valuable information to let that happen.
    Exactly. Punish the offender not the masses
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I'll agree with pulling the entire thread. Censoring specific posts almost never works not to mention the amount of work required by Chris. Just as easy to start a new thread to document the useful parts. .02
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.... " ~Ron Schaitel
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

If I was Chris , I'd say to myself... Self ,What should I do now? Go training ,spend time with the family or pump out the sewer ????? Since pumping out the sewer didn't seem like much fun , he opted for the other 2.... Now you know why the thread was deleted....Wading thru the Sh** isn't much fun.
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Why don't hunt tests adopt the same format as trials. Have an open master and amateur master. Each pass is worth a point and it takes 6 points to qualify for the master. Have an open master national and an amateur master national. That would cut the numbers for each master national as well as let both the pros and am have a venue that they can run. If an am wants to run the open they can and can qualify for the open master national.

This is not my idea but I thought it was a good one.

Russell
    CH Chisholm Trail's Backdraft Bay MH**
    Chisholm Trail's Crossfire Sophie JH**
    "I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regrets"

Quote Originally Posted by wheelhorse View Post
    Why don't the powers that be acknowledge the fact that there are pros and ams in the hunt test game and split it like the field trials?

Have an Open Master and an Am Master flight.

Do the same with the Master National: have the AM MN in the spring and the Open MN in the Fall.
    I think the HT game is trying to limit entries not multiply stakes? And theres no competition so why have an am and an open, it's a standard correct? FTer regards
    "Women are like labradors...,they all have their quarks."~Phil Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    It might do some of you well to remember that Chris provides this resource to you for use free of charge, and ultimately, may run it as he sees fit. He could wake tomorrow and decide none of the back-seat driving and baby-sitting he continually endures here is worth it, and dump the whole thing.
    Wow that statement is original.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Whether original or not, it is accurate.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

WTH Corey! Maybe you should start a page that you are the janitor for....
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Chris has the right to remove any threat, in his opinion needs removed. It is his game, his rules. Violate his rules and he will clean house.

As for the thread. I still do not understand the passion against pros running hunt test.

If you want to compete, run field trials. If you want to test your dogs abilities run hunt test. Pro or Am is irrelevant. I ran hunt test as an amateur and I have run hunt test as a pro. I have run qualifying's as as amateur and I have run qualifying's as a pro. All are fun.

This whole amateur/pro problem at hunt test is really over hyped, my opinion. Since Hunt Tests are testing you and your dogs abilities against the standard why do you care if a pro runs before you or after you. I have had Amateurs run before me that smoked a test. I applauded their performance and moved to the line. The judges forgot their work once they moved off the line and I moved on the line. Standard not competing.

Have a blessed day

Richard

All this talk about having an Open and and Amateur.... just look at another thread and read about how its hard to get enough volunteers to work at a test. I can just see ALL the volunteers running into work an Open test....
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com