The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Master National Discussion is pulled.

Russ, Ed, Corey, Eric,

I'm not going to try to change any of your opinions. You are entitled to them.

I think that most if not all of you would view this differently if you were in my shoes.

To all:

The reason I made this thread, and the reason I left the "moved" notation on the board was to make it publicly clear that I removed the thread and why. I also made it clear how users can conduct themselves so that this does not happen again.

Every one of us has the ability to help self-regulate this culture and keep it on track. We knowingly conduct ourselves in a way that retains the value of the discussion and eliminates the threat against this resource, we keep things moving ahead.

I put plenty of time into this site as it is. I see no clean way to hand pick the "offensive" stuff, without creating even more complaining. I've done it before in the past and had limited success. I've also taken the position of deleting every post after a certain point in time. That has also lead to even more hard feelings. I've found it is best to:

A) have the offending party delete or edit. OR

B) remove the entire thread.

You are all welcome to resume discussion of the topic. Keep it dirty side down and clean side up...please.

I'm confident that all who are passionate and with good ideas and solutions will understand the logic and will take the time to implement their ideas in ways that can create positive change. Frankly, anybody who wants to say that the solution was on an RTF discussion, but it is lost forever because Chris pulled the post, is being unrealistic.

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday and have a productive new week.

Chris

Oh, we also have one more former RTF user now on the "read only" list.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Chris, I concur that deleting the thread was the most prudent decision for you. I did not think that one person crossing the line of civility was that bad but I'm just a guy hanging out in the peanut gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Chris, I concur that deleting the thread was the most prudent decision for you. I did not think that one person crossing the line of civility was that bad but I'm just a guy hanging out in the peanut gallery.
    Thanks Ed, you'd see it quite differently if you were here in the janitor's closet. I didn't pull it because of how "mean" or "bad" the specific writing on the thread was. I pulled it because of some perceived threats and the impacts of those threats on my calendar and pocket.

Not sure if that makes sense. I don't have the time to put my schedule and cashflow at risk so that someone else can treat folks on on the internet hatefully.

Corey should remember too. Years ago we had another person making some threats due to things he had written. It was out of that live dialogue that a personal friendship developed.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Are we talking about the thread relating to hunt tests filling up too fast?? I must have missed the posts that were offensive.

Regarding the suggestions on this thread to try an Open Master and an Amateur Master, how would that solve anything? Don't most of the clubs that limit entries do so because they don't have the manpower to hold multiple stakes?

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Chris, thanks for all you do for RTF. I, as well as others, appreciate it.

Regarding limited entries in Masters, I hope someone comes up with a solution before I get to that point with my dog ... but it'll be a while.
    Becky
    Life is Good . . . Do what you like - Like what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Thanks Ed, you'd see it quite differently if you were here in the janitor's closet. I didn't pull it because of how "mean" or "bad" the specific writing on the thread was. I pulled it because of some perceived threats and the impacts of those threats on my calendar and pocket.

Not sure if that makes sense. I don't have the time to put my schedule and cashflow at risk so that someone else can treat folks on on the internet hatefully.

Corey should remember too. Years ago we had another person making some threats due to things he had written. It was out of that live dialogue that a personal friendship developed.

Chris
    Get all that, but it is had to start again after losing a multi page thread with much useful information.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Not sure if that makes sense. I don't have the time to put my schedule and cashflow at risk so that someone else can treat folks on on the internet hatefully. Chris
    Thanks for the clarification, you need not feel obligated to explain your actions. From your perspective you made the right call!!

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Get all that, but it is had to start again after losing a multi page thread with much useful information.
    Nobody cured cancer. The good ideas can be reposted by those with the passion and the ideas.

Everyone keeps talking about manpower. I don't perceive that as the problem at all. Most tests that I have been to pay bird boys or get them free in many instances. I have seen local FFA, boy scout troops, prison trustees and many other forms of getting enough people to run a test. I believe that where the problem lies is getting enough grounds to hold more stakes. IMO even if every single person at the test volunteered their time we still wouldn't solve the problem.

Russ, Ed, Corey, Eric,

I'm not going to try to change any of your opinions. You are entitled to them.

I think that most if not all of you would view this differently if you were in my shoes.

To all:

The reason I made this thread, and the reason I left the "moved" notation on the board was to make it publicly clear that I removed the thread and why. I also made it clear how users can conduct themselves so that this does not happen again.

Every one of us has the ability to help self-regulate this culture and keep it on track. We knowingly conduct ourselves in a way that retains the value of the discussion and eliminates the threat against this resource, we keep things moving ahead.

I put plenty of time into this site as it is. I see no clean way to hand pick the "offensive" stuff, without creating even more complaining. I've done it before in the past and had limited success. I've also taken the position of deleting every post after a certain point in time. That has also lead to even more hard feelings. I've found it is best to:

A) have the offending party delete or edit. OR

B) remove the entire thread.

You are all welcome to resume discussion of the topic. Keep it dirty side down and clean side up...please.

I'm confident that all who are passionate and with good ideas and solutions will understand the logic and will take the time to implement their ideas in ways that can create positive change. Frankly, anybody who wants to say that the solution was on an RTF discussion, but it is lost forever because Chris pulled the post, is being unrealistic.

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday and have a productive new week.

Chris

Oh, we also have one more former RTF user now on the "read only" list.
    Chris great choice and use of words.Pretty simple! Thanks!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray