The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FCRC Hunt Test Judging Seminar

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Ted, we advocate that hard in our club and in our area. They are titled Judges AND Handler seminars. They can be a bit dry at times, but do clear up many misconceptions and urban myths.

Now all you need to do is train a dog and pass a Jr, apprentice, and you too can become a HT judge. I'm confident you could become a capable judge with time.

Just what I need more judging assignments !!!! (I already have 3 each year through 2017)
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post

Just what I need more judging assignments !!!! (I already have 3 each year through 2017)
    You shouldn't be so popular! You just haven't offended enough people yet, I have no such problem.

This thread makes me wish the RTF had a "like" button.
    Norin Borke

What Ted is proposing isnt totally out of line, there is a resource called the internet...Heck if they allow "student-athletes" to take classes on line, there isnt any reason that the powers that be couldnt have a seminar/test on line to watch and complete at their convenience..

I took a PGA rules course on line and when you find out that your knowledge isnt what you think it is, it makes you go hmmm...I would venture to guess that if a similar rules test were made available to perspective FT/HT judges that the failure rate would be higher than you think

Think out of the box every once in awhile, the results might scare you
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    ......Now all you need to do is train a dog and pass a Jr, apprentice, and you too can become a HT judge. I'm confident you could become a capable judge with time.

at last,
    a way to get those pesky akc hunt numbers down.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Default CBT Judges \ Handlers Course

[QuoteTE=BonMallari;1192064]What Ted is proposing isnt totally out of line, there is a resource called the internet...Heck if they allow "student-athletes" to take classes on line, there isnt any reason that the powers that be couldnt have a seminar/test on line to watch and complete at their convenience..

I took a PGA rules course on line and when you find out that your knowledge isnt what you think ilicense Malawi you go hmmm...I would venture to guess that if a similar rules test were made available to perspective FT/HT judges that the failure rate would be higher than you think

Think out of the box every once in awhile, the results might scare you[/QUOTE]

Bon

You hit the nail on the cranium. An omline seminar taken at the judges liesure with digital results could go a long way to solving the accsess issue. As fun as it is to gather around cold coffee and stale donuts for a fee to hear and see it could be canned and avaianle on the net...bet Steve and his team could put something together...then have a Mandatory field review of Test Mechanics to maintain a license...just saying
    Bruce and the TownHill Gang

HRCH Potter's Cosmos Shadow Buster JH [Buster]
    HRCHTownHill Yeager's Rebel Rouser - [Rebel]
    Townhill Midnight Mist - [Misty]

"...leave something in it for the dog"

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    You shouldn't be so popular! You just haven't offended enough people yet, I have no such problem.
    Ha ha, that's pretty good Ed, I've got none for this year I must be following in your shoes
    An armed man is a citizen
    An unarmed man is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by John Montenieri View Post
    Ha ha, that's pretty good Ed, I've got none for this year I must be following in your shoes
    So far buddy, but I can work on helping out with that if needed...........
    Mark

Rebelstar's Two Toes Tappin' *** MH "Casey"
    Trumarc's Thrilla in Manilla "Laila"

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    Never Be The First To Get Old!!!!!