The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Singles competition Format ???

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Caswell View Post
    Aren't some of them a timed event? Each single is timed with a stop watch, and after each series times are all added up lowest time wins..
    We did that once. Dogs that avoided the water won.
    Greg Bell

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    I have always wanted to run one of these! Seems like it would be fun, especially for my older dog who can't control himself at the line. Maybe he would have a shot! Anybody in NM or CO up for this?
    Me being new to the competitive world of dogs, I would love to run this with my old dog too.... if there is one in MN, WIS, ND

We run a "seven singles" every spring. Lots of fun, seven single marks becoming progressively more difficult. The first three rounds are guaranteed so everybody gets at least 3 birds. After that dogs get dropped based on performance. Finally have one winner in the seventh! Everybody has fun, but beware there's still plenty of work involved!

How are these events advertised? Is it part of the HT premium? This sounds like tons of fun.
    Natalie Fraser, DVM
    Trifecta Labradors

Home to my heart dog, Hudson:
    Am/Can Ch. Marshyhope's Satisfaction, CGC, WC, CDX, RE, JH

Our club runs 2 super singles a year. A land super singles in the spring and a water super singles in the summer.
    They are a timed event and a lot of fun.
    Redstars Hayseed Bo ..... "Butch"

Quote Originally Posted by Newf View Post
    We run a "seven singles" every spring. Lots of fun, seven single marks becoming progressively more difficult. The first three rounds are guaranteed so everybody gets at least 3 birds. After that dogs get dropped based on performance. Finally have one winner in the seventh! Everybody has fun, but beware there's still plenty of work involved!
    Our format is very similar. They are well attended and everybody seems to have fun.

http://nmhrc.webs.com/super-singles

You can check out our super singles format on this link.
    We are also trying a "super blinds" for the first time this summer. Check it out on our web site.
    Last edited by laker; 02-24-2014 at 09:22 PM.

We have it as a club members only event. We also have a trophy/cup that gets awarded and engraved with the winners names. Here's a link to a video from one of the events:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0uQrZ0rdWbQ

Quote Originally Posted by Newf View Post
    We have it as a club members only event. We also have a trophy/cup that gets awarded and engraved with the winners names. Here's a link to a video from one of the events:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0uQrZ0rdWbQ
    Wow nice trophy..

Quote Originally Posted by capt.red View Post
    With all the hunt tests filling up so fast in Texas , I'm thinking about putting on a Super singles test on a weekend when a hunt test is already full. just to give some of the Am's that couldn't get in a test a chance to play some dog games. Does anybody have an outline or format for this kind of competition? any experiences you'd like to share. Thanks, BC
    Dang it! Now there won't be any volunteers to load wingers at the HT. They will all be having fun running their own dogs and drinking beer at your singles event!