The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog box/trailer

Default Dog box/trailer

I was just wondering how some people afford a $100,000 dog set up. Sure some people are wealthy enough to spend that and not blink an eye. But what about the other 98% of the dog people? Does that fall under a auto loan, business loan or is it some other type of financing? Just can't figure out how some of these people come up with money without some kind of help. Just wondering

Cash, hard core cash. We are all making bucks in the HT arena. See thread "where does all the entry fees go for hunt tests".
    Joe B.

Northern Colorado

HRCH Bella's Devine Independence SH "Indy"
    Lakota Ridge Sage JH "Sage"
    SHR APR KB's Lakota Ridge Delaney JH "Del"
    RIP 2014 Lakotaridge Heartsome Tanner SH "Tanner"
    RIP 2012 Oryan of Cork "Orion"

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
    "Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment."

I'm sure much of its a tax write off for those who use them as part of their business. Pretty hard for many folks to justify having a dedicated vehicle for their dogs that costs upwards of $90,000, otherwise unless like you said they have large stacks of money laying around with nothing better to spend it on. That being said there are plenty of used trucks for sale if you look around you can find some good deals, many of the manufactures of the chassis mounts have trade ins. That are priced reasonable enough for someone who doesn't have the ability to use it as a write off.
    Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

Haha. All I have ever gotten was a $5 ribbon and if your lucky, a little band on the back

Yea. Trust me, I'm not looking at one of these rigs. I am pondering a used trailer with atv storage. But even a 10 year old trailer is still upwards of $15,000-$20,000. I know that my hometown bank isn't gonna give a personal loan of that amount. Maybe someone that has one of these trailers can enlighten us on how they acquired it

I saved for about 5 years before I bought my topper, bought a used truck too!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

a big rig plus 18 hole box big atv trailer with another 10 holes mosty = pro trainer.
    For average joe you can get do pretty well with a 20-30K truck and a 7K 4-6 hole topper. Or a 4 hole atv trailer instead of topper. So for less than 30K you can have something decent. You can go used for all of it for very much less.
    A new F-350 for 50K and a new stake body mounted 6, 8, 10 hole box 25K = 75K leaving 25K left from your 100K to campain 1 dog through derby.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Well lots have tried to go the "big" route pro deal, some even trade big trailers every other year amazing as that seems, however many moons ago I remember Lardy showing up at his first trial with two derby dogs, beat up chevy with couple old crates in covered old topper, drove off with 1st and 2nd and all asked who was that masked man. next three years few more dogs, derby , qual level, then opens. Got himself a trailer, then a truck etc etc. Down here in texas at Hunt tests you are liable to see ten 18-20 hole trailers with unbelievable options on them and I suspect a mortgage to boot.
    DLM

" Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!"

But what category does it fall under? It can't just be a business loan. Some armatures have very expensive rigs also. Currently I have a topper on my truck. Couldn't afford to but one, so I built it from the ground up. Not wanting to go through the fabrication process again. Working full time and training dogs in the evening takes up enough time.

some of us have wives that are successful. that is how i aquired my luxxe rig!
    john mccallie