The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mt. Vernon Ill

Default Mt. Vernon Ill

Going to be working in Mt. Vernon for couple of months does any body know of a training group or a good trainer around there.?

We really don't have many active groups down here outside of Retrievers Unlimited over near Belleville. We have a couple of guys down here that I get together with sometimes to work on the hunt test prep. It's still snow goose season, so I'm kind of busy guiding hunts, and the training my male gets is mostly in the field right now. My female is with my trainer in Cape Girardeau, which isn't that far. I try to get with him every couple of weeks to work with the female. Feel free to text me at 618-559-4773. I can get away and train sometimes or I can hook you up with my trainer.

Let me know when you'll be in Mt. Vernon. I live about an hour south, and you're more than welcome to train with me if you're willing to drive a bit.

Supposed to be in town 2 months starting Mar.12. Working 6 tens. So travel might make it to late to work until time change

Kirk is a great guy to train with too! Met him at several hunt tests. Not sure if I'm stalking him or he's stalking me! Maybe if we can get it all worked out, we can get a training day set up in Marion? Ohh, wckrishet, I can't respond to your PM because I don't have enough posts!

Guys, I'm always game for a training day. May be a bit tough in March as it's Hunt Test season in the Midwest, but let's try to find a date and make it happen.

Not sure what your day off schedule is like but your welcome to join us bout hr west of Mt vernon or sometimes we're in pickneyville also.

I will be working from 7 -5 six days a week. Day off will be in south county area

Are there any good public grounds in the Pickneyville area? Potentially might be in that area next weekend if I don't go to a test.

Default Public Ground near Pickneville

Try Pyramid State Park about 5 miles Southwest of P'Ville, It is off of Rt. 13 & 127 on the Pyatt black top. Good Luck. The nearest trainer form is Lloyd Moore at Paducah, KY. Although it might be hard to get a dog in. He did two of mine and my son's Cheesie. I figure if he could train Savage he can train anything. Savage was a prototype old style Chessie. If you were not family do not approach unless properly introduced.

Skip Campbell