The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: What I would like to see in a Derby

Default What I would like to see in a Derby

Since in the Derby Marking is "ALL" important............
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...t=Thread+split

It's snowing here again, came across this again while killing some time . A lot of good coments on the subject from old school RTF members.........

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since that thread got started but I'm sure the criticisms are still valid -
    Last Thursday night I spent my time here, http://youtu.be/OlVuWxSUGww , a new venue to pursue. It's a 47 minute
    video & not watching it is probably smart.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Mr Fallon you suckered me in to reading all nine pages of vitriol (hey that's my word from POTUS) regarding judging. Hopefully no one hurt each other after that exchange. Everybody should read it before we go further on this unless Mr Shih , you judged the 2013 National Amateur, want to start off from the top down? I will stay with my boat marks for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Mr Fallon you suckered me in to reading all nine pages of vitriol (hey that's my word from POTUS) regarding judging. Hopefully no one hurt each other after that exchange. Everybody should read it before we go further on this unless Mr Shih , you judged the 2013 National Amateur, want to start off from the top down? I will stay with my boat marks for the time being.

The first two pages are interesting. The remainder are not. Fallon was never very good at editing.

As for my position on derbies, I don't know that my views have changed much.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Here's another one about "concept free marks".
    I guess that there are concept free boat marks, but we don't have enough suitable water for me to have figured them out.....

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...Contrary-Marks

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

John , can I call you John? This last site was very good, all 39 Postings, #15 mentions boat marks, heck you even got Northrup in there. Again I would say IMO that covers ground where we don't have to go again. Frankly I like style , which these days you can see quite a bit. Courage is also my bias but often ignored and sometimes hard to find the correct terrain if you run on a golf course. What about
    decoys on water , not just 2/3 off to the side but 10-12 in clear pockets as "contrary obstacles?" What about small hay squares as physical diversions to a straight line - is that trickery ? What about shooting flyers out in hay fields w/6-10 foot round bales wrapped in white w/gunners in white jackets? Oh my goodness , these are derby field trials , my dogs have seen. What about marks that you can't see on the ground but you may see the downward arc @ best. Oh, another, stretch the mark out but you put 18-24" marking tape on the birds' legs to mark better? We have to do better.