The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I'm only posting this to try and avoid seeing a therapist...

Lonnie,
    Tuff break on the jacket, but it sounds like you had a grand time getting the points anyway.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

It is a great story with obviously many hours and dedication involved.
    I was just hoping there was a break in there for some hunting so they both werent getting burned out.
    Guess I didnt word it properly?
    Sorry, meant no fowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Teahan View Post
    I was just hoping there was a break in there for some hunting so they both werent getting burned out.
    Sorry, meant no fowl!

Not to hijack.. but Mark T... you fish/hunt the San Juan ? Was just up there to pick up a pup.. fished a couple days.. hard to beat that river

ON TOPIC/

Someone get Lon a nice jacket ! Great work and even better attitude ! Enjoyed the read !
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.... " ~Ron Schaitel
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Teahan View Post
    Sorry, meant no fowl!
    I've never seen a dog that cared. In fact I know of one dog that prefer's training and testing to sitting in a boat and hunting. All they want to do is retrieve, they don't care if they are hunting, training, hunt testing or trialing. All of your posts are about how hunting is far more important than training or trialing, hunting is 3 months out of the year, there are 9 other months to spend with your dog and not running them or training them is a disservice. My dog knows the difference from training and hunting, he also knows that the standard doesn't change, as probably most on this forum do. In fact from the dogs point of view training/trialing is a lot less down time of bordem than hunting, they walk to the line and get retrieves, hunting it may be hours before they get to do anything.
    Daren Galloway

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    It would be the perfect jacket to wear to HRC events!

Lonnie Spann
    Especially for you!!HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Lonnie,
    Tuff break on the jacket, but it sounds like you had a grand time getting the points anyway.
    Oh boy! Kick a guy while he's down . Lonnie just can't seem to "win" no matter what he does. Grand and jacket aside - great job!

Actually, waterfowl hunting here is 5 months out of the year.

And the San Juan is awesome. They say there is 9k trout per mile.

I agree Mark.. but it's more like 20,000 trout per mile ! Maybe next fall I'll do a combo.. duck/fish assuming I can get the pup trained some..
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.... " ~Ron Schaitel
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I try to find the humor in all of this so as to avoid the tears.

Lonnie Spann
    Lonnie, you can cry on my shoulder anytime! But your dang humor is great! If you run anything around here hollar at me!

BC
    HRCH Elk River's Southern Breeze "Bree"
    Fearless Fighter Tyson "Ty"

Quote Originally Posted by waycool View Post
    I agree Mark.. but it's more like 20,000 trout per mile ! Maybe next fall I'll do a combo.. duck/fish assuming I can get the pup trained some..
    I get the catch and release, it's that shoot and release thing I have trouble with.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift