The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunners Up Vrs. Zingers

Default Gunners Up Vrs. Zingers

Which one is better?? GU SOG or Mini zinger Winger
    I have never understood why you can have the best trained dogs in the world, but when you put two dogs together the act like they have a half a brain between the both of them.

Rkk's Lady Of the Lake

Their respective websites list approximate throwing distances. I prefer ZW's latch/release system by far over GU, I cuss GU every time I load one. Other than that there are pretty much the same machine.
    Daren Galloway

My GU SOG seems to have an issue everytime I went to use it. Broken wire on servo motor connection, loose parts, parts falling off etc. I gave up on it and bought custom made wingers.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

I have two GU SOG that I have owned for over 3 years, numerous launches and never a problem. I have replaced the rubber twice since I have owned them but that is the only maintenance I have performed, no complaints from me on GU. Can't speak to ZW as I have never owned them.

i kind of thought i would get more opinions then just two.
    I have never understood why you can have the best trained dogs in the world, but when you put two dogs together the act like they have a half a brain between the both of them.

Rkk's Lady Of the Lake

My GU SOG has been fine (with Dogtra electronics.) Replaced elastics, that's it. My guess is that Zingers are just fine, too. Get one or two of each.

I love my Zinger Winger II G4 (Dogtra release). It is light weight, throws a bumper a long ways and does pretty well with dead ducks. I am saving my $$ for another.
    Last edited by Dave Farrar; 03-01-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

I just set up my Zinger Winger Mini Z's today for the 1st time, (Dogtra Releases), and I was extremely happy with the performance of them. I got very good launch distances using dokken deadfowl redheads & mallards. I would say they launched them easily 25-30 yards. Easy set up and take down and light but durable. I was like you, confused as to which to get, I asked a few retriever trainer friends and one in particular said that they had the Gunners up and sold them and bought Zingers due t not being happy with the GU. I bought mine through Joe Dutro of Team Take 'Em look him up on the web and give him a call, he will give you honest feedback. He is very impressed with the mini z's.
    Last edited by Pipe Creek Retrievers; 03-01-2014 at 06:45 PM.

I prefer Zinger for a number of reasons, but there are as many folks who prefer GU. Sort of like trucks, pros, etc.--the folks that use one aren't going to say anything bad about them. From using both, there are some things that are better on one versus the other but either generally gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by nick_wilburn View Post
    i kind of thought i would get more opinions then just two.
    Use search function
    Tom Dorroh