The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator 9/7/2002 - 2/26/2014

Default FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator 9/7/2002 - 2/26/2014

Mootsie passed away today. She was a wonderful character, more like a human than any dog I have had in my life.

Mootsie was the queen of the kennel and all the other dogs knew it. She would get to wander when we were training and would search relentlessly for the smallest scrap of food. Mootsie had a ravenous appetite; she could find food and devour it quicker than a striking cobra. Woe to the unsuspecting individual who left his/her food in the open, or in their car with the door open. It was gone in a heartbeat.

Mootsie was not tolerant of puppies. She would warn them off once, maybe twice, but not three times. More than one of my young dogs learned the hard way that Mootsie did not appreciate their youthful antics.

From the beginning, we thought that Mootsie was very talented - a reflection of her sire FC/AFC Code Blue and dam FC/AFC Trumarc's Lean Cuisine. She great eyes, and could pick out obscure gun stations with ease. When we came out of the holding blind, I could see her identify the gun stations one by one, before settling in on her favorite - the flyer. I did not have a dog with that talent before and I have not had another dog with that talent since. She had very quick feet and you could work her on the mat in the smallest of increments and could thread the needle on a blind with her. From the beginning, she loved to jump over obstacles on line and that made blinds a joy. But, her greatest asset was her intensity and focus.

For all of that, after a good derby career, Mootsie was not very productive. I don't think we got any all age placements until she was five. Both Cherylon and I wondered if we were simply wrong about her. But, then Mootsie turned it on. From age five until we retired her at age ten, Mootsie gathered 76.5 All Age Points. I think she would have broken 100 points if I were a better handler. Mootsie qualified for the 2007 National Amateur and Open, the 2008 National Amateur, the 2009 National Amateur, the 2010 National Amateur, the 2011 National Amateur and Open, and the 2012 National Amateur. She made the 9th series of the 2010 and 2011 National Amateur, and I always felt that I failed her by not getting her to the 10th. Mootsie deserved to be a finalist.

There was never a better dog than Mootsie. I will miss her. I am certain that in heaven she is busy searching for scraps under the table.

Goodbye Moo Moo.

Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Sorry for you loss. I know she meant a lot to you.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I'm sorry. She was obviously an awesome dog- my condolences to you and your family.
    Natalie Fraser, DVM
    Trifecta Labradors

Home to my heart dog, Hudson:
    Am/Can Ch. Marshyhope's Satisfaction, CGC, WC, CDX, RE, JH

Ted I am sorry for your loss. She meant the world you and live in your heart forever.

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Oh, Ted, I am so sorry to hear about Mootsie's passing. I know you have many wonderful memories of her, by your side and in your home. My sincere condolences.

I lost my Chelsea 13 years ago today. She was too would only give a couple of warnings to the youngsters. I still miss her terribly, even after all these years.

I'm sure that is how you will feel about your girl, Mootsie....no matter the years that pass, she'll always be special.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Oh I hate to read this....I can say I truly LOVED running her in training, she ALWAYS made me look like I knew what I was doing. Condolences to all that loved Ms. Moo.

Lainee
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Sorry for your loss...

It's always sooo very sad to read these posts yet I cannot help but look. The strories behind these dogs just amazes me and it's so easy to see these dogs are very loved and very special to so many.

Marissa Everett

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

SO sorry Ted, sounds like she was a GREAT one! You don't get too many of those.... Run free Mootsie
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Crap, I'm sorry

Ted

I am very sorry for your loss.

Mike
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"