The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to see your training videos

Default I want to see your training videos

I am interested in watching some of the training videos you have made or more so videos of training sessions. Does not matter what kinds. Pup to older. Different stages.Typical field work and field trial practice. Good sessions and bad sessions. Maybe with a little summary of your take on the session. I am having trouble finding these types of things on the internet. I know some of you record sessions and it sounds like a great tool.

A lot of the professional stuff the dog already has concepts down. I would like to see corrections, setups, etc.

Thanks!

Search on this site Hank (by Pirate) and Rowdy (by Pirate) and you will find lots of videos. There are some from other dogs also. Pat Nolan has videos on You Tube.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

I have video's of this dog from 9 weeks to 20 months. They show you some of the steps taken if you want to do something like this with a dog. They aren't teaching video's,, their purpose is so people can see what their buying or a customer can see where their dog is in training. Someone proclaimed that these were the worse video's they'd ever seen ,,, so take it for what its worth,,,,there free,,, and critique away if you like ,, The dog picks its butt up,,and shifts its weight with each toss and a million other things . I don't care.
    Pete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee4AyAt6LA4
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

a simple search on youube for "field trial training retrievers" yields 4590 results. Some English and some american, not all on point but if you add some search terms I'm sure you can isolate what you're looking for.
    Darrin Greene

Here is the link to my YouTube videos.

KwickLabs YouTube Videos (link)

Recently, a bookmark (to the day's journal entry) was added to each link. This permits quick re-visits to the complete comments made in that session. They are "real" with no editing and done for personal analysis. Frankly, I see things sometimes I'd rather not....then again that's the rationale behind doing them in the first place. There are a few of these that are not "pretty".

Frankly, not much is learned about what can go wrong in an edited, commercial video with a skilled trainer and talented dog........usually.

This is being posted because I think it is important to not see just perfect work which means ....well, let's just say I'm "peddling as fast as I can." I should add that doing your own videos is a lot of fun, but you often have to check your ego before entering.
    Last edited by KwickLabs; 02-28-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Jim Boyer www.kwicklabs.com
    MPR UH HRCH Kwick Taffey of Joemac's MH
    HR Kwick Daisy's Spirit Keeper SH
    Kwick Kooly Dew It Allstar SH
    HR Kwick Draw McGraw SH (June, 2007 - May, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by KwickLabs View Post
    Here is the link to my YouTube videos.

KwickLabs YouTube Videos (link)

Recently, a bookmark (to the day's journal entry) was added to each link. This permits quick re-visits to the complete comments made in that session. They are "real" with no editing and done for personal analysis. Frankly, I see things sometimes I'd rather not....then again that's the rationale behind doing them in the first place. There are a few of these that are not "pretty".

Frankly, not much is learned about what can go wrong in an edited, commercial video with a skilled trainer and talented dog........usually.

This is being posted because I think it is important to not see just perfect work which means ....well, let's just say I'm "peddling as fast as I can." I should add that doing your own videos is a lot of fun, but you often have to check your ego before entering.
    Brilliant !
    You may enjoy this one?..Had a good laugh with my training partner when it was done and still to this day !
    Having the confidence to video one's self is big enough , having the confidence to show a video to the world when things go wrong is a different level
    Here we are 'Laurel and Hardy' --'Warts and All' trying to film the stage of the young dog steady on shot and flush from a remote pigeon launcher with a bumper thrown .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYOAawVDRRk
    One Shooter One Spaniel One Retriever

This video is unedited and I almost hesitated to post it, as it's me, still a relative new MH handler and one of my four 'show' dogs. She is one of two or three I will be competing with in Master this spring.

Thanks to my wonderful friend and trainer Richard Reese for helping me over the last 6 years. You'll notice in the video he yells at me at various stages. If he had had a buggy whip, I knew I would have felt it at various points. There are handler errors here....can you tell me what they are? I am intimately familiar with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9kMyrcsKNs

Sue Puff
    Last edited by suepuff; 03-01-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

PM me for a url to retriever training videos.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    This video is unedited and I almost hesitated to post it, as it's me, still a relative MH handler and one of my four 'show' dogs. She is one of two or three I will be competing with in Master this spring.

Thanks to my wonderful friend and trainer Richard Reese for helping me over the last 6 years. You'll notice in the video he yells at me at various stages. If he had had a buggy whip, I knew I would have felt it at various points. There are handler errors here....can you tell me what they are? I am intimately familiar with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9kMyrcsKNs

Sue Puff
    The most obvious and most commom for all of us

SLOW DOWN

Ding ding ding!! Todd, you win the trip for two to the next filled up master test!!!!
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com