The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 month old suddenly started to pee in the house????

Default 10 month old suddenly started to pee in the house????

My 10 month old male, who has not had an accident in the house for months....suddenly decided it was o.k. He did it 3 times today, this morning I caught him in the act and let it be known that I will not tolerate that. Woke the house and the neighbors too probably with my yelling! He has done it twice after that throughout the day. Anyone deal with this? I thought that issue was done and behind us! The last time he was right next to me and was playing around and suddenly started acting funny and I look and sure enough...p'd on the kids bean bag. Almost like he suddenly could not hold it and went? I know he knew he did wrong because of the way he was acting. Help.

Maybe a medical issue. You might give your vet a call.

Being the silly person I am I always rule out health issues.

Is he unloading, or just a little splash?

He could have a urinary tract infection, I would rule that out if possible via a vet appointment.

If it's little splashes it's possibly marking, and he's at that perfect adolescent coming of age, age.

Marissa Everett

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

It is not splashes....it is full out emptying out. Its like he is pre-occupied and suddenly realizes he has to go and cannot hold it. I immediately let him out as soon as I wake up, and he always holds it till he is out. This morning he went to the door and went right away at the door before I could open it. I figured it was my fault for not getting him out quick enough. Scolded him and went to work. The second and third time there was no warning whatsoever. Just doing whatever he was doing and suddenly runs off , he knows he did wrong but like he could not help it. What would a vet all check for medically? I worked O.T. today but not for a vet bill...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa E. View Post
    Being the silly person I am I always rule out health issues.

Is he unloading, or just a little splash?

He could have a urinary tract infection, I would rule that out if possible via a vet appointment.

If it's little splashes it's possibly marking, and he's at that perfect adolescent coming of age, age.
    I agree. Possibly a UTI.

I had one that did that, my dog had lyme and went into renal failure, he died. Not saying what yours is but Worth checking with a vet, might find out the dog needs some help and not his fault.
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

It sounds like a UTI to me, but don't take my word for it.

Before you do anymore yelling and wake the neighbors, and more importantly, probably further confuse your pup, I highly recommend a vet appointment on Monday am first thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PMC View Post
    It is not splashes....it is full out emptying out. Its like he is pre-occupied and suddenly realizes he has to go and cannot hold it. I immediately let him out as soon as I wake up, and he always holds it till he is out. This morning he went to the door and went right away at the door before I could open it. I figured it was my fault for not getting him out quick enough. Scolded him and went to work. The second and third time there was no warning whatsoever. Just doing whatever he was doing and suddenly runs off , he knows he did wrong but like he could not help it. What would a vet all check for medically? I worked O.T. today but not for a vet bill...lol
    I have a lot of males. Whenever this happens I can guarantee it's a UTI. Three weeks of antibiotics and it all goes away typically. You need to take him in.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I am assuming the vet will just do a urine analysis. Is it typical or accepted to just take in a urine sample? What does something like that cost? I will call and make the appointment Monday, but want to know what I am looking at in cost.