The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 month old suddenly started to pee in the house????

Vet visit + urinalysis + medication

$100-$150? Not sure where you are located so it's difficult to predict.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

If you're sensitive about cost from a simple vet visit you might consider buying health insurance for you dog. Just a few hundred bucks per year. Look into Pet Plan Silver on the web.
    May things are covered and csn save you a lot of money when something serious comes up. And one dsy something will.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    If you're sensitive about cost from a simple vet visit you might consider buying health insurance for you dog. Just a few hundred bucks per year. Look into Pet Plan Silver on the web.
    May things are covered and csn save you a lot of money when something serious comes up. And one dsy something will.
    Good advice! Get the insurance now because eventually it will pay for itself.

I just went thru this with my 4 year old YLM, ended up being Prostatitis. We actually thought it was an UTI at first but further examination revealed a swollen prostate. Treatment required an anti inflammatory and stronger antibiotic than those used for typical UTI so I would request the prostate exam. Just had two week check up on Friday and all was back to normal.
    Last edited by mufb; 03-03-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Keep working on it~!

It sounds like you are hesitant to invest in a trip to the vet. I know what it's like to be young and strapped and I don't mean to sound insensitive to that, but (IMO) that is a part of the commitment we make to these dogs when we decide to take one in. I don't remember ever having one that went through life without things like this coming up.

JS

Not meaning to bash on you personally but it just seems like we get a lot of that here. Dogs are expensive and it doesn't stop when they get their "last shots".
    Last edited by JS; 03-03-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

I am by no means young and strapped and hesitant to go to the vet. I fully understand the financial responsibility that is involved as well as the possibility of unforseen costs that may occur. Just wanted to know what I was looking at as I read alot about people paying WAY more than they should be. Believe me...Even if I was strapped and needed to choose between things, My dog would come first.Not my first rodeo.....

PMC,

Unfortunately this sounds very familiar to me. My 7 y.o. "Jack" started out living in the house with the family. Crate trained and house trained in very short order. He was the perfect dog. He would be playing, resting, napping, etc. and would go straight to the front door and sit and look at you when he needed to go outside. Then one night we're all in the living room watching a movie, Jack gets up and walks over to the kids' yellow bean bag and hoses her down!

A week or so later he was napping while the rest of us were watching television, reading, etc. Jack woke up and stretched, a big back-curving stretch with a tongue curling yawn. He proceeded toward the front door, hung a left and went upstairs. I just assumed he heard some of the family up there and just went up for a visit. Soon he returned and resumed life as normal. Eventually I went upstairs for whatever reason and discovered a huge pile of dog doo doo right in the middle of the study! Jack was relocated outside and remains there to this day!

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by PMC View Post
    I am by no means young and strapped and hesitant to go to the vet. I fully understand the financial responsibility that is involved as well as the possibility of unforseen costs that may occur. Just wanted to know what I was looking at as I read alot about people paying WAY more than they should be. Believe me...Even if I was strapped and needed to choose between things, My dog would come first.Not my first rodeo.....
    Glad to hear that. I'm sorry if I came off sounding like a jerk. I didn't mean to.

Good luck.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

No Js. I did not take it that way..Hope you didn't either. I actually have known people that fit that description. Sad....