The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge THANKS to North Alabama Retriever Club

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Default Huge THANKS to North Alabama Retriever Club

My co-judge, Carol Hynes, and I just finished up judging the Master A (Fri/Sat/Sun)flight for North Alabama Retriever Club's AKC Hunt Test at Forever Wild/Farquhar State Cattle Ranch.

This club deserves so much credit and thanks. Not only did they handle a double Master with 167 dogs entered,but also a double Junior and double Senior. They did this without my co-judge and me having to be stressed about having handlers available in a timely fashion. I can't speak for the other tests and judges, but I can say that I was impressed with this club, their workers and participants.

I want to give a very special THANKS to Splash_em who was our Marshall for all 3 days. Richard...there are few people in this game we all love that work as hard as I saw you do all 3 days. You were always there when we needed you and took care of situations before we even had to think twice about them. Your hard work and efforts were so appreciated. I am so very happy to have met you and wish you and your dogs the best in the coming years!!!!

Allen Dillard, Dave Kress.....Thank you. No one really knows all of the hard work to put on an event of this caliber. You and your club should be very proud of yourselves!!!

Congratulations to all of the Master A participants who qualified their dogs while running in our tests. It was my pleasure to watch you and your dogs work so well together! Good luck in your future tests!

Sincere thanks,
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Great judging with you Vicky. This was my 3rd trip to the Forever Wild grounds and every one of them was a good experience. The North Alabama club did an awesome job and Richard was one of the best marshal's I've ever worked with. Safe travels to you as you head back to the land of the frozen!
    Carol Hynes

Ahh shucks!!!!

The CR is a wonderful place to have dog work then mix in prefect South Alabama weather with good dogs and wonderful help. We have a nice crew around here and they all pull on the rope to move the wagon ahead. Almost 500 dogs and i would start again tomorrow.
    Thanks everyone who came and who helped because it does take a village
    Dk

It is a fun place to judge I need to go back as my
    wife accidentally dropped one of my wine glasses
    David Jansma
    The time you spend on earth with your dog is precious; enjoy it to your fullest

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Was great to see you Miss Vicky. Truly North Alabama was a good break from the frozen NORTH. Hope you can get home tomorrow.I want to thank a new friend in Will Kernodle, my co-judge this weekend. It was refreshing to meet another like minded dog person. Thanks to Dave and all the members who helped us out this weekend. Well heres hoping I can get through the winter storm between me and HOME tomorrow.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

I wasn't there but I can vouch for Richard, he isn't afraid of hard work.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

I got to stop by as a spectator today.

I was overwhelmed with how smoothly everything seemed to run... it was all just bebopping along. It was nothing short of amazing to see having looked at the sheer # of entries.

The facility was gorgeous as well. I wish I lived a little closer!
    Natalie Fraser, DVM
    Trifecta Labradors

Home to my heart dog, Hudson:
    Am/Can Ch. Marshyhope's Satisfaction, CGC, WC, CDX, RE, JH

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Carol, thanks to you also. Didn't mean to leave you out of my original post!! I enjoyed judging with you and hope you have a safe trip back to Texas as well!!

Otey, it was good to see you again! Sorry we didn't have more time to chat.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Thank you Vicky and Carol for the kind words. I thought that the weekend went really smooth and the set ups were great.

Mark Land, Randy Price, and myself decided that we all quit. Of course, we've decided to quit and after the last 4 doubles before this one and keep coming back for more. I'm not sure if it's the pay or the company that keeps us coming back, but we'll be there again next year.
    Richard Gravely

All please be patient this am as the NARC ht results wont get posted till late today. I am traveling with just no opportunity to enter the info.

We all appreciate everyones help, input and enjoyment of the weekend
    Dk