The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huge THANKS to North Alabama Retriever Club

I want to publicly thank everyone for stepping up this weekend and not only making this test happen, but making it fun. I had a health emergency with my mother this weekend and had to leave the test on Friday. I can't begin to count the number of people who stepped up to fill gaps, help organize details, and just plain work hard to get it done.

Richard Gravely, Mark Land, Randy Price, Dick Kaiser, Tammy Bell, Wendall Barton are just a few I want to name specifically for taking their stakes and owning them with little to no assistance. Seriously, you could run any retriever event with this crew.

I also want to thank the judges who not only demonstrated good understanding of the standards and dog work, but also did a great job in time management and logistics. They delivered the total package.

I want to thank Dave Kress for filling in as the glue. Dave is a great ambassador for our sport, an advocate for the Cattle Ranch, and generally good guy. I enjoy working with him.

Finally, I want to thank the numerous folks that stepped up to gun, deliver lunches, transport workers, catch birds, and basically do all the other stuff that goes on behind the scenes. Remember, many hands make small work.
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

thanks to the whole crew! it was nice to be able to get Kathy out for some good times!!!!she had a ball!
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze "Gussie"

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Allen, Not that we didn't miss you, but with all of your people stepping up and taking on the smooth running of everything, you didn't have to worry about anything at the tests this past weekend...even the weather cooperated and gave this judge a taste of what Spring will be like IF it ever comes to Maryland this year!!

Since my flight home had to be changed due to the winter storm hitting Maryland today, I get to have a day of rest before going home. I'll get to clean all the snow/ice off of my truck at the airport park/ride tomorrow and hopefully my hubby will have all the snow/ice shoveled around the house and kennel by the time I get home..LOL

Again, thank you for the invitation to come and judge for NARC. It was my pleasure!

I'll continue to keep your Mom in my prayers!
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

And special thanks to Randy Price for busting his hump for us in Sat Master "A." He and Larry Key/J.T.Key and their crew did an awesome job for us. Always a pleasure to judge for that core Alabama bunch. And having judged with Blake Lemish now, the folks running the master national will be in for a treat with him as a judge!
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Well I made it home through all the snow and ice. My truck looks like a big ice cube. It was a very wise decision to wait til this morning to come home. There were many many cars off the roads on I 65 in Tennessee and southern Kentucky. How is your Mother doing? Did not want to bother you with a text this weekend as I understand health stuff... AGAIN a big thanks to all who helped Will and myself put on ,I hope, a fun test.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

It was my distinct pleasure to be able to spend the weekend with Matt Griffiths and Keith Kiesow. Three well thought out, solid series. Even the weather cooperated.

I couldn't even begin to name all the people that stepped up and helped. THANK YOU!!!!!!! A few went way more than the extra mile. Tommy Harp helped man the clipboard at the parking lot while I managed the line area. Anyone that has ever run a double master realizes how stressful that can become. Hunter Boyette, Todd Norton and Larry Key busted their humps all weekend. Shooting flyers, throwing birds and anything else needed.

Dave Kress was everywhere. I now believe he has an identical twin & they both drive the exact same make, model & color truck. He kept things going with a smile on his face, having fun all three days.

The judges did an excellent job. A very special thank you to all! Without your generous giving of time & expertise, these games are not possible.

I was reminded of the recent pro versus amateur thread as the bird boys left at their scheduled time, 5:00. As daylight was plentiful many volunteered to help. Both pro & amateur were willing to sit in a blind & throw birds in order to expedite the test. The question most asked was "what can I do to help?". Colby Williams threw birds & after a dog couldn't complete the test, he stripped off his boots & socks, rolled up his pants & waded out to get the floating duck. No small sacrifice when the water temp is still low 40's. He did it in order to save the 10 minutes it would have taken to get a pick up dog. Thank you!

The list is not even close to complete. Just a small sample. When the retriever community works together it is a beautiful thing.
    Mark Land

It was just a ht albeit it did have Chamber of Commerce weather, wonderful grounds and a bunch of nice folks all linked together by our retrievers. It is a unique group of people there that comes together and enhances the sport. It is easy to serve when you are having encouragement all around

We had our moments of challenge, a lost dog at walmart that security holds and calls motels to locate the owner, a fall at the motel, one couple using a wheelchair, junior handlers, some long walks in, people from all sides pitching in including the uniformed officer driving the workers and offering to throw.

Yep a nice weekend and more to come
    Dk

Dave,

.....but all challenges were met with cooperation and a "let's get it done" attitude!! Great group of people..both amateur and pro.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator

I also apologize for anyone who attempted to eat biscuits Saturday morning. My attempt at baking yielded a substance the size, shape and consistency of a hockey puck. The local crew informed me that I am no longer allowed to operate the oven!
    Mark Land

Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    I also apologize for anyone who attempted to eat biscuits Saturday morning. My attempt at baking yielded a substance the size, shape and consistency of a hockey puck. The local crew informed me that I am no longer allowed to operate the oven!
    You must have taken lessons from whoever fixed them on Friday morning!! LOL
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator