The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can you recommend good Golden Breeders in the Midwest?

Jeff, I have sent you a PM. Check your messages.

I have an Adirondac pup. She is four months old and progressing just great! This is my third golden and I hunt them. I did a lot of research, know a few other breeders and lots of Golden lines. I think Carol's lines are very well thought out and have great results. I am really looking forward to running Bailey this fall when pheasant season opens. In my research, I contacted an owner in Madison, WI (I am in Milwaukee) who has three of Carol's dogs. They all hunt and trial and win. Contact me if your buyer wants to come to Milwaukee to see my pup. I know Carol has a litter due in mid May.

Surefire Goldens KANSAS CITY

We purchased a new pup two years ago from a smaller hobby breeder in IL. http://sugarriverretrievers.com/ They own a TopBrass Female that they bred with Chawtaw Yukon's Copper Penny, we are very pleased with the pup. Mike Dixon, the breeder told me a few weeks ago that he is planning on having another litter with these two dogs. Check his website above for contact information an information on his dogs.

I also highly recommend John and Nancy Minor if they have any plans for pups, or they can refer you to top breeders of Goldens.

Jackie Minor is also a top breeder for field dogs.

Only a "minor" detail when considering a multi-purpose "family" Golden but with many of the show breedings, you'll be vacuuming up shed hair year round.

Also, you can do a lot of research on the accomplishments, genetics, clearances, and longevity by going to www.k9data.com -- a wonderful resource.

I, too, have an Adirondac girl, now. You won't go wrong with Carol's careful breeding.

I currently have 3 of Carol's Adirondac dogs and my avatar dog (who I lost just over a year ago) was my first. They are incredibly trainable, biddable and great to live with. I do multiple venues with my dogs and also hunt them, upland and waterfowl. I also have a job that keeps me away 12 hrs a day, 4 days a week and the dogs are comfortable with that as well. Lots of drive for performance, sweet and loving in the house. She has many dogs that are SAR and therapy dogs in addition to the field and other performance dogs. Carol and Ernie are great folks as well.
    Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HRCH WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade UD MH WCX CCA VC; Adirondac Tracks in the Wilderness

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swack View Post
    And I also said they might consider a moderate show-bred Golden.

Swack
    My last one was out of half show and half field lines. She was much milder as a pup in the house than my new pup. If they are looking for a pet more than hunting, I would recommend looking for an outcrossing between the two lines. What I experienced was slower to mature for the hunting and water work to emerge, but she turned out really nice.

She could hunt all day though on pheasant hunts without needing to rest because she would go at a moderate pace rather than 100 mph.

The pup I have now is requires daily work so she will be more calm in the house. She is only 4 months old, so not sure how the difference will be in maturity.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Britton's Red Echo Lightning Storm (new pup)
    RIP HR Britton's Gold Ginger Spice JR 02/18/2002 to 11/07/2014