The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: "Reset with Russia"

  1. #11
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Actually, there isn't much we can do except sit back and be spectators. We have let ourselves become so irrelevant in the world as a super power over the last five years through this administrations policies to the point that this is the result. We might be able to impose some sanctions that hurt Putin financially, but I think he could care less. He has played our President like a fiddle, on more than one occassion. Prayers to the people of Ukraine, thats about all we can offer them I'm afraid.
    Well, the good news is that, as spectators, we can sit back and take potshots at whichever actors we want to, regardless of the outcome!!

    Ain't POTUS great!!

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Actually, there isn't much we can do except sit back and be spectators. We have let ourselves become so irrelevant in the world as a super power over the last five years through this administrations policies to the point that this is the result.
    These two sentences seem inconsistent to me.

    The first one seems to assess that realistically there is nothing that can be done
    The second one seems to bemoan the fact that we wont act.

    So ideally Freezeland what do YOU think we should do?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    These two sentences seem inconsistent to me.

    The first one seems to assess that realistically there is nothing that can be done
    The second one seems to bemoan the fact that we wont act.

    So ideally Freezeland what do YOU think we should do?
    Well, if Freezeland were in the oval office he would deport their ambassador to the US, and immediately recall ours from Moscow. He would break all financial ties with the Russians, and convene an emergency and highly visible meeting of the heads of NATO and honor any previously agreed to provisions of our NATO treaty to protect the Ukraine. He would also immediately deploy a carrier battle group to the mediterranian (if one is not already there re-deploy one to it), and move a couple arleigh burke destroyers or ticondoroga class cruisers (long range aegis system platforms) along with a fast attack submarine in to the black sea as a show of force. Russian reaction to the above would dictate next steps.

    But Freezeland ain't in the oval office, and so we can all be thankful of that

    Meanwhile, this administration will do nothing either.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

  4. #14
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,257

    Default

    Freeze....
    how would you get our guys off of the space station? "They" are our ride into space right now.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Freeze....
    how would you get our guys off of the space station? "They" are our ride into space right now.
    Hope they like space.........
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

  6. #16
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Freeze....
    how would you get our guys off of the space station? "They" are our ride into space right now.
    Least we could do would be send Sandra Bullock up.

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Well, if Freezeland were in the oval office he would deport their ambassador to the US, and immediately recall ours from Moscow. He would break all financial ties with the Russians, and convene an emergency and highly visible meeting of the heads of NATO and honor any previously agreed to provisions of our NATO treaty to protect the Ukraine. He would also immediately deploy a carrier battle group to the mediterranian (if one is not already there re-deploy one to it), and move a couple arleigh burke destroyers or ticondoroga class cruisers (long range aegis system platforms) along with a fast attack submarine in to the black sea as a show of force. Russian reaction to the above would dictate next steps.

    But Freezeland ain't in the oval office, and so we can all be thankful of that

    Meanwhile, this administration will do nothing either.
    Sounds like you think Cowboy diplomacy as practiced by GW was effective. I would strongly disagree. I would also point out that our military leaders unanimously agree that our military resources are already stretched too thin due to GW's senseless ongoing wars. Wouldn't you think that another armed conflict { with a nuclear superpower} and the logistics involved a half a world away would be an awful lot to put on our plate at this time? There is also danger that a conflict with the Soviet Union could also involve the Chinese. Me thinks that could be potentially far more involved and dangerous than the ongoing wars GW started.

    Rest easy though, even though I take issue with you I'm sure the military industrial complex and their army of influence peddlers is singing your song all over DC

  8. #18
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post

    .....

    Rest easy though, even though I take issue with you I'm sure the military industrial complex and their army of influence peddlers is singing your song all over DC
    Whadaya think about sending Dennis Rodman back over to lobby his little buddy???

    Lookin' like we might want him on our side.

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Whadaya think about sending Dennis Rodman back over to lobby his little buddy???

    Lookin' like we might want him on our side.

    JS
    Hey Jack, maybe, but Im afraid Dennis may still be in rehab after his foray with "Dear Leader"

  10. #20
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Sounds like you think Cowboy diplomacy as practiced by GW was effective. I would strongly disagree. I would also point out that our military leaders unanimously agree that our military resources are already stretched too thin due to GW's senseless ongoing wars. Wouldn't you think that another armed conflict { with a nuclear superpower} and the logistics involved a half a world away would be an awful lot to put on our plate at this time? There is also danger that a conflict with the Soviet Union could also involve the Chinese. Me thinks that could be potentially far more involved and dangerous than the ongoing wars GW started.

    Rest easy though, even though I take issue with you I'm sure the military industrial complex and their army of influence peddlers is singing your song all over DC
    Methinks you don't know very many military leaders.
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •