The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Reset with Russia"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Methinks you don't know very many military leaders.
    Then please Bill wont you share the inside info that only you and the other members of the Joint Chief of Staff know.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Then please Bill wont you share the inside info that only you and the other members of the Joint Chief of Staff know.
    Never said I did...just what methinks
    Bill Davis

[QUOTE=freezeland;1195142]Well, if Freezeland were in the oval office he would deport their ambassador to the US, and immediately recall ours from Moscow. He would break all financial ties with the Russians, and convene an emergency and highly visible meeting of the heads of NATO and honor any previously agreed to provisions of our NATO treaty to protect the Ukraine. He would also immediately deploy a carrier battle group to the mediterranian (if one is not already there re-deploy one to it), and move a couple arleigh burke destroyers or ticondoroga class cruisers (long range aegis system platforms) along with a fast attack submarine in to the black sea as a show of force. Russian reaction to the above would dictate next steps.

But Freezeland ain't in the oval office, and so we can all be thankful of that

If that is truly what you would do, I'm thankful that you're not in the Oval Office.

And by the way, you need to brush up on your Naval warfare tactics; too many targets and not enough subsurface ships to protect them.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Baby Bush "lost" Iraq (2004) and Georgia (2008 -country not state) and Obama (2014) Crimea ? Okay neo-cons lets bring back the draft and send your sons , open your wallets and bleed! Afghanistan/Iraq is now up to 3 Trillion Dollars while Katrina/Sandy is 24 Billion. Raytheon , Boeing, Northrup military-industrial complex ..wave the flag and let other kids die! Been in that movie.

Yes I did cut and paste but it does look close without the assassination. Just a few different players and Chiana is big one.

The Start of World War I
    The spark that started World War I was the assassination of Austria's Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie. The assassination occurred on June 28, 1914 while Ferdinand was visiting the city of Sarajevo in the Austro-Hungarian province of Bosnia-Herzegovina.
    Although Archduke Franz Ferdinand, the nephew of Austria's emperor and heir-apparent to the throne, was not very well liked by most, his assassination by a Serb nationalist was viewed as a great excuse to attack Austria-Hungary's troublesome neighbor, Serbia.

However, instead of reacting quickly to the incident, Austria-Hungary made sure they had the backing of Germany, with whom they had a treaty, before they proceeded. This gave Serbia time to get the backing of Russia, with whom they had a treaty.

The calls for back-up didn't end there. Russia also had a treaty with France and Britain.

This meant that by the time Austria-Hungary officially declared war on Serbia on July 28, 1914, an entire month after the assassination, much of Europe had already become entangled in the dispute.

At the start of the war, these were the major players (more countries joined the war later):

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Sounds like you think Cowboy diplomacy as practiced by GW was effective. I would strongly disagree. I would also point out that our military leaders unanimously agree that our military resources are already stretched too thin due to GW's senseless ongoing wars. Wouldn't you think that another armed conflict { with a nuclear superpower} and the logistics involved a half a world away would be an awful lot to put on our plate at this time? There is also danger that a conflict with the Soviet Union could also involve the Chinese. Me thinks that could be potentially far more involved and dangerous than the ongoing wars GW started.

Rest easy though, even though I take issue with you I'm sure the military industrial complex and their army of influence peddlers is singing your song all over DC
    Last I looked we got out of Iraq, and are getting ready to put our tail between our legs and cut and run from Afganastan too. I also heard rumor we are stretched so thin as you say that we can aford to cut the Army back down to a pre world war II level so we can fund the welfare entitlement state our president is so fond of. Russia and China together, yes we better just surrender now with this President in the White House. By the time he would make a decision about what to do we will all be speaking Mandarin and Russian.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

am I the only one that thinks we are getting "baited" by Putin to get involved ? I dont like what he is doing to Ukraine but I am a day older and hopefully a day wiser to know to stay out of this...I am not saying to turn a blind eye, but lets get our logistics in place first
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The reaction here is like Russia is about to invade Europe, the Ukraine has been part of the Russian Empire for over 350 years! Try to imagine that Russians, not just their government, think of the Ukraine in the same manner as you might view Texas deciding to re-join Mexico.

The situation over the Crimea should be even more straight forward and easy to comprehend as to why the West should not be too hasty to escalate tensions on that portion of the Ukraine....the USSR granted the Crimea to the Ukraine territory back in 1954 as a good will gift to celebrate Russia's 300 year dominion over Ukraine.

The rush to action should be tempered by at least a cursory review of history. Like it or not, and personally I don't like to see any nation subjugated by another, the Ukrainian territory and autonomy is not as clear cut at that of the old Soviet satellite states of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and East Germany. Any Western political leading the charge into battle on this issue might rightly be viewed as more the fool than hero.

Putin is a bully and greedy, hitting him in the pocketbook will be more effective than threatening military action. But make no mistake... Russia will crucify Putin if he looses the Crimea and the Naval port in Sevastopol and for that reason he will risk anything to prevent that from happening.
    Last edited by blind ambition; 03-03-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it! Who "gave" the Crimea to the Ukraine in 1954 but Nikita Khruschev (USSR Head Commie- fellow Ukranian). Read blind ambitions post #28.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Last I looked we got out of Iraq, and are getting ready to put our tail between our legs and cut and run from Afganastan too. I also heard rumor we are stretched so thin as you say that we can aford to cut the Army back down to a pre world war II level so we can fund the welfare entitlement state our president is so fond of. Russia and China together, yes we better just surrender now with this President in the White House. By the time he would make a decision about what to do we will all be speaking Mandarin and Russian.
    So freezeland you obviously back Bush's attempts at Cowboy diplomacy. You say that we are out of Iraq. Is that really so?

Then you go on to say that we are getting ready to "put our tails between our legs and cut and run in A'stan" WE have been there for almost 13 yrs allready. Do you think those 13 yrs of war and the inherent costs and loss of life has been worthwhile?How long do you think we should stay? What objectives would satisfy Pres Freezeland?

Finally if someone were to objectively grade the effectiveness of W's Cowboy diplomacy against the two third world countries he started wars with what grade do you think would be given? Do you think that sticking our noses into Russia; while being still engaged in A'stan and to some extent Iraq & continuing Bush's Cowboy diplomacy against the nuclear superpower Russia would be a resounding success?

Are you on some military contractors payroll?