The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Reset with Russia"

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    The reaction here is like Russia is about to invade Europe, the Ukraine has been part of the Russian Empire for over 350 years! Try to imagine that Russians, not just their government, think of the Ukraine in the same manner as you might view Texas deciding to re-join Mexico.

The situation over the Crimea should be even more straight forward and easy to comprehend as to why the West should not be too hasty to escalate tensions on that portion of the Ukraine....the USSR granted the Crimea to the Ukraine territory back in 1954 as a good will gift to celebrate Russia's 300 year dominion over Ukraine.

The rush to action should be tempered by at least a cursory review of history. Like it or not, and personally I don't like to see any nation subjugated by another, the Ukrainian territory and autonomy is not as clear cut at that of the old Soviet satellite states of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and East Germany. Any Western political leading the charge into battle on this issue might rightly be viewed as more the fool than hero.

Putin is a bully and greedy, hitting him in the pocketbook will be more effective than threatening military action. But make no mistake... Russia will crucify Putin if he looses the Crimea and the Naval port in Sevastopol and for that reason he will risk anything to prevent that from happening.
    This approach is just too sane

With all the NeoCons, is it any wonder why the Repub Party is so quickly becoming the Irrelevant Party?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    This approach is just too sane

With all the NeoCons, is it any wonder why the Repub Party is so quickly becoming the Irrelevant Party?
    If the Republican party is so irrelevant, why do almost every one of your posts reference it?

Just askin'.............
    Last edited by road kill; 03-04-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    So freezeland you obviously back Bush's attempts at Cowboy diplomacy. You say that we are out of Iraq. Is that really so?

Then you go on to say that we are getting ready to "put our tails between our legs and cut and run in A'stan" WE have been there for almost 13 yrs allready. Do you think those 13 yrs of war and the inherent costs and loss of life has been worthwhile?How long do you think we should stay? What objectives would satisfy Pres Freezeland?

Finally if someone were to objectively grade the effectiveness of W's Cowboy diplomacy against the two third world countries he started wars with what grade do you think would be given? Do you think that sticking our noses into Russia; while being still engaged in A'stan and to some extent Iraq & continuing Bush's Cowboy diplomacy against the nuclear superpower Russia would be a resounding success?

Are you on some military contractors payroll?

Yes your right there MJH, we have no interest in Afganastan anymore or Iraq for that matter. Al Qaeda is on the run, our dear leader told us so so it must be true.

And no I am not a defense contractor, retired military actually. Stay warm and have a nice life.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If the Republican party is so irrelevant, why do almost every one of your posts reference it?

Just askin'.............
    Because I'm loving it and reveling in their demise!

I'm tired of their broken foreign and domestic policies, their love of crony Capitalism, and love for big government.

Time for the Party of Liberty!

Last edited by Franco; 03-04-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Because I'm loving it and reveling in their demise!

I'm tired of their broken foreign and domestic policies, their love of crony Capitalism, and love for big government.

Time for the Party of Liberty!

Just to clarify, Kerry is not a Republican.

Correct, he is a Dem Sec Of State carting out the same failed policies as the Repubs!

If I recall correctly, economics had a great deal to do with the collapse of the USSR.

Putin is using Russian energy sources as his hammer. The US and Canada's new-found energy power could be a factor in thwarting Putin. How about using energy clout to put pressure on Putin? Exploiting our energy power would strengthen our economy and weaken Putin's. Sounds like a win-win to me. OTOH, unfortunately the present administration ideology above pragmatism in this regard.

Canada has recalled its ambassador to Moscow.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Russia is the largest producer in the world. They sell most of it to China which is probably why the Chi-Coms are siding with Russia on the Ukraine. The rest is either consumed domestically or sold to India, N Korea etc.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-04-2014 at 11:19 AM.

This article has an interesting take on the situation.

"The markets are punishing Russia more swiftly than diplomats ever could"- http://qz.com/183182/the-markets-are...ts-ever-could/

Over the last year they lost arounrd 17% of there value, with 4% in the past few days, but at the same time Canada has lost 10%. Our dollar has been getting stronger and this leads to good investment opportunities in safe currency like AUD, CAD and NZD. Ours has to come back down for trading purposes. GM will be moving their factories out of China to Russia if this trend continues.