Bumper Boy
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Boy

Default Bumper Boy

Can you use any other electronics other than bb with Bumper Boy 4 shooter? Any info will be appreacited. Thanks, Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I think you could. Just a matter of getting a receiver that will "fire" 2 servos for a 2 shooter. The more servos the more complicated. I think with BB out of business, necessity will cause us to find a way.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

I am a idiot when it come to electronics. However, a friend fires his stuff with Milligan radios. Puts them both on the same channel and each time he presses talk the unit fires.

If it is on voice activated and a car goes by it will also fire. Make sure it is turned off. This was interesting one day when he was trying to figure out the firing problem while not touching the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by kerdmier View Post
    Can you use any other electronics other than bb with Bumper Boy 4 shooter? Any info will be appreacited. Thanks, Kevin
    I have heard that Sport Dog is working pun a transmitter/receiver that will be compatible with BB. Go to Charlie Jurney's FB page for more info.
    Last edited by bama stripes; 03-03-2014 at 06:03 PM.

As many of us have the BB units we need to channel all of our information somewhere we can find it. Possibly a sticky at the top for good information. I would love to purchase some of the hard bumpers for a 4 shooter but not having any luck. Would be great to find another set of electronics that would work as good or possibly better. There has to be a market for these things as customer service seems to be what turned most people away.

BB going out of business is what turned me away.

People on here make their own multi- unit receivers. It should be doable to use tritronics or dogtra to fire the servos on BB. I think Tri tronics has a receiver that will fire two "things." I don't know about dogtra.

I use the BB transmitter to fire a winger and run a Malcolm retired gunner.

The way BBs were made the servo would always return to the middle position. If you rewire the servos with something else you'll probably have to manually return the servo arm.

I guess I'll be learning when the BB's fail.
    Last edited by John Lash; 03-03-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    John Lash

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Anyone know where a BB transmitter can be repaired?

Interstate batties for batteries. I have my transmitter at Hasty's Communication now being checked but no word if they will or can repair it.

Let us know if they can fix it. I wouldn't think they are very exotic.
    There'd be peace of mind knowing that someone can fix them.
    John Lash

Hasty's could not fix the transmitter:'(. Said they could not find a schedmatic for it.