The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Retriever clubs in Okla

Default Retriever clubs in Okla

Hello guys,

I am a new member here and was hoping someone knew of a club in the central Okla area. Just got myself another lab which a think will be a good hunter. By reading some of the other post, looks like I found the right place for any questions. Thanks ahead for any responses I might get.
    Thanks
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gregb21 View Post
    Hello guys,

I am a new member here and was hoping someone knew of a club in the central Okla area. Just got myself another lab which a think will be a good hunter. By reading some of the other post, looks like I found the right place for any questions. Thanks ahead for any responses I might get.
    Thanks
    Greg
    Sooner Retriever Club (closest) and Tulsa Retriever Club hold AKC events
    http://soonerretrieverclub.com/
    http://tulsaretrieverclub.org/

UKC clubs are Three Rivers HRC and Texoma
    http://www.threerivershrc.com/
    http://texomahrc.com/
    Last edited by frontier; 03-03-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

Greg: Welcome to Oklahoma!
    A little about our club:

This is the standard SRC spiel:

The Sooner Retriever Club (SRC) was established in 1963 to promote pure bred
    retrievers as working dogs.
    SRC offers licensed AKC Hunting Tests and Field Trials under the rules and
    regulations of the American Kennel Club.
    The SRC also holds fun tests, training sessions, educational seminars and social events for retriever handlers to improve their skills, education and working knowledge of retriever breeds. We do not train your dog but teach you or help you train yours. We hope you will check us out. We think you will like what we do.
    Even though we are an "AKC" club, we are open to all retrievers whether registered with AKC or not. We attempt to promote the partnership between a man/woman and their four legged partner for the purpose of hunting or competing. All retriever breeds are welcome.
    The SRC holds a training session monthly and tailors said session to the level of those that attend. We use dummies, legal killed ducks and legal killed pheasants depending on the attendees needs. Again, I hope you give us a try!
    Bill Blochowiak labske@aol.com

Training dates:
    Mar 29 Mock HT/FT With lunch and open meeting
    Apr 19
    May 10
    June 14

SRC Mock HT 2014 Mar
    The SRC will be hosting a Mock HT and maybe a Mock Qual/Open (depending on entries) on Sat Mar 29 at Poleske Farmske. There will be no ribbons or prizes. This is just the opportunity to run your dog to see where he/she is in testing preparedness. Lunch will be Chili Dogs,etc. The fee is $15 per dog per stake if you are not a member of the SRC (Membership is $25 for a single and $35 for a family). If you are a member of SRC there is a $5 charge. Each dog may be entered in only one stake. But any individual may run two dogs!
    Live pigeons (if available), dead ducks and pheasants will be used. Please enter (no money now) by Mar 24, 2014 for our planning purposes. But also cancel ASAP if you are unable to attend. Send me your name, dog's name and stake desired. I also need to know if you are planning to observe, work or compete and the number of human mouths you will be bringing. We will have an open meeting for members with lunch.

Thanks
    BillB

Come on out to the mock test at the end of the month. It will be fun and a wide range of dogs to get and watch run.

Russell
    CH Chisholm Trail's Backdraft Bay MH**
    Chisholm Trail's Crossfire Sophie JH**
    "I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regrets"

Thanks for the replies. I will make it a point to attend the one at the end of the month. Is the $25 membership for the year?
    Last edited by gregb21; 03-03-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gregb21 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I will make it a point to attend the one at the end of the month. Is the $25 membership for the year?
    Greg email me at labske@aol.com

Bill, did you get my email?

Three Rivers HRC will be having a training day around Tulsa on March 15. Check out the website www.threerivershrc.com I believe for the facts.
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

You can join the Cimarron RC also. I live near Arcadia, OK and we get together and train occasionally. We put on one field trial a year in the fall. We would love to have you join us.
    www.duckclubofoklahoma.com
    www.arcadiaretrievers.com
    Home of:

Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu "Bleu" Amateur Win
    Arcadia's Senor Jefe (Ret) 10 1/2 AA pts
    Co/owner FC/AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH (Ret)
    AFC Arcadia's Say Goodnight Gracie (RIP)
    Arcadia's He's A Cracker "Archie" (RIP)