The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Ok it's Official GDG

Default Ok it's Official GDG

NC has crazy weather! I Trained Sunday afternoon in short sleeve shirt and was sweating, 76 deg. I left for work Monday morning at 56 deg. Got home Monday night to 20 deg and 2 inches of snow and ice. Drove in this morning at 8 deg with rds covered in ice and snow. Forecast for the weekend is mid 60's!
    Last edited by labman63; 03-04-2014 at 09:49 AM.

- below zero here, off to vote. at least the sun is bright. makes the cab of the truck like a mini green house.
    our next week is up to the 20's above, sap ain't runnin' yet
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken,

Sugaring ?
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.... " ~Ron Schaitel
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    - below zero here, off to vote. at least the sun is bright. makes the cab of the truck like a mini green house.
    our next week is up to the 20's above, sap ain't runnin' yet
    I admire your ambition to face the elements head-on to exercise your right to vote.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by waycool View Post
    Ken,

Sugaring ?

a feller in Fairfax boiled 2 Sundays ago, made the local news. a few more have also. I am still all froze up, but all set. old timers never drilled a hole in a tree until Town Meeting Day (today) way back when. we are having an old time winter for sure.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

That terminology is foreign around here Ken... LOL only knew cause some of the hound (bear/hare) guys up your way sugar as well.. Saw someone up there post -18 or something today.. ouch.

Ok.. sorry for off topic ... one day need to get some fresh from up that way.. bet it's delicious !
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

We were near or below zero with lots of wind and snow for a couple weeks. Now it's raining and 36, supposed to be in the 40s by the weekend. I imagine the valley snow will melt in a week or so. It could be march after all.

19 below zero yesterday @ 7AM, 11 above zero today @ 7AM, 25 above zero this afternoon,T-shirt weather! I think we've seen 5 days above 32 since November 20th. Getting to be a long winter! We have at least 2 feet of snow on the ground still.

"Snow" training regards to all!

Went Snow Goose hunting on saturday at 3 pm set up decoys in t-shirts it was 70 degrees. Picked up decoys at 7pm it was 29 degrees. Got home at 7:30pm it was 25 degrees. However we did have a good hunt!!

I wont even rub in the weather with y'all in the north.... lol been golfing every weekend this winter �� Cold spell this week in the upper 60's �� oops ! Said I wouldn't do that ......
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM