The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Progressives Make Us Better

Default Progressives Make Us Better

There is not a thread on this site that someone blames progressives for the problems of our country. When in actuality, progressives have made us better, while the conservatives have tried to hold us back. Now here is a list of changes that have occurred that I donít think any of you can argue were not for the better, and I donít think any of you can make a claim that the conservatives did not oppose the changes.

American Revolution
    Abolishment of slavery
    Women having the right to vote
    African Americanís having the right to vote
    Workers compensation
    Environment responsibility for industry

Please feel free to add to the list.

Progressives gave the country Obama. Trumps every argument that progressives do any good. I'm done

Quote Originally Posted by Paulshrly View Post
    Progressives gave the country Obama. Trumps every argument that progressives do any good. I'm done
    You are right you are done

One more thing. Your argument above is false in the sense that you say conservatives "hold us back" when in reality it was white conservatives who had much to do with everything on that list minus some bull shit EPA. Progressives believe in more govt control and conservatives believe in self responsibility and less govt. Looks like this big govt era is working out real good so far doesn't it mr progressive. You guys think we can all sit around and sing Kum ba ya while big govt ideas and programs take care of us. Wake up progressives and take some responsibility for yourself and make other people take responsibility for themselves. Stop thinking we can all take care of each other because you can't. Responsibility and accountability to ones self is the backbone of a successful society. Not progressive social programs. You don't look like a guy I want to argue with so that my last reply. I need 10 to PM. Good luck with your ignorance sir.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    There is not a thread on this site that someone blames progressives for the problems of our country. When in actuality, progressives have made us better, while the conservatives have tried to hold us back. Now here is a list of changes that have occurred that I don’t think any of you can argue were not for the better, and I don’t think any of you can make a claim that the conservatives did not oppose the changes.

American Revolution
    Abolishment of slavery
    Women having the right to vote
    African American’s having the right to vote
    Workers compensation

Please feel free to add to the list.
    I'm not convinced yet that giving women the Right to vote was a good thing, too damn emotional
    ďThe end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.Ē ĖThomas Jefferson

I like you Franco. Preach on. I'm more libertarian than conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulshrly View Post
    One more thing. Your argument above is false in the sense that you say conservatives "hold us back" when in reality it was white conservatives who had much to do with everything on that list minus some bull shit EPA. Progressives believe in more govt control and conservatives believe in self responsibility and less govt. Looks like this big govt era is working out real good so far doesn't it mr progressive. You guys think we can all sit around and sing Kum ba ya while big govt ideas and programs take care of us. Wake up progressives and take some responsibility for yourself and make other people take responsibility for themselves. Stop thinking we can all take care of each other because you can't. Responsibility and accountability to ones self is the backbone of a successful society. Not progressive social programs. You don't look like a guy I want to argue with so that my last reply. I need 10 to PM. Good luck with your ignorance sir.
    Ok if it had gone your way some black man would still be calling you master, your wife would be barefoot and pregnant; we could not fish in any of our rivers, lakes and oceans, etc. Get a clue, big business is who owns your vote and you are too stupid to know it.

American Revolution - Granted the leaders were 'Progressive' revolting against big Government run by Kings and Queens...you have to take the word progressive in the context of the time.

Abolishment of slavery - Led by Abraham Lincoln an original REPUBLICAN. I would guess some thought this was 'progressive'!

Women having the right to vote - As Franco says...??

African Americanís having the right to vote - the civil rights movement, which was led by Republicans who stood up against the Southern Democrats in the Senate. As I am sure you recall, one of the leading Democrats of the time was a former member of the KKK!

Workers compensation - just another Government handout that is broke, frequently abused, and a disincentive for people to get back to work...

- Another Government program that is abused, overused for political power!

Please feel free to add to the list.[/QUOTE]

Men mom you are really funny. Great talking point about big business. Study history though, big business shows record profits and the income gaps between the rich and poor become much larger under progressive liberals such as yourself. Free market built the middle class, and it's nimrods like you who think you are so intellectually gifted you know best for everyone that hurts the middle class.

I'm not sure you understand how the term "progressive" has been used throughout political history. Recently the liberals have tried rebranding because they know that most independents(middle of the road) don't like the connotation of the word and "progressive" certainly sounds better since we all like to "progress". The problem is, they are still big government supporters and that hasn't worked anywhere or anytime regardless what we call it.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."