The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place to buy bumpers?

I have been using the new Avery bumpers and am very happy with them.

Don't know about the best place to buy bumpers, but do know the best bumpers to buy and the best place to buy them from...at least in the lower 48.

I I I
    VVV

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Videtto View Post
    I think it is worth the extra money to get a good bumper. Especially to use in the cold of the northeast. I get the DT Soft mouth from gundogsupply.com.

I like the Bennett and Neumanns, But good Gracious.. the shipping (Fed Ex Only) kills ya!
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"

Quote Originally Posted by jollydog View Post
    The new AVERY bumpers are soft and I couldn't be happier with them. You can google Avery bumpers and find all the places they are available.
    They are a top quality bumper and I hope that we as retriever enthusiasts will support Avery for all they do for ALL our Venues.
    X2, I agree 100%.
    Premier's Carbon Star
    by The Era of Zeus MH (NFC Patton x Ivy QAA by FC AFC Rudy) x
    HR Buck Creek Lexus by Widgeon JH (NAFC Carbon x Splash QAA by FC AFC Cougar)

Carbon Star Katniss
    By FC AFC Windy City's Mighty Mouse (NAFC Carbon x FC AFC Cody) x Flirt'n Lean Lex of Babyduck SH (NAFC Grady x Flirt QAA by NFC Chopper)

Gun Dog Supply

Excellent Service, & price.

Rec. DT soft mouth.

Dogs really like them!

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Have you tried to use them in cold weather? They get very hard and almost brittle in freezing temps. Then they became icy after the dog slobber was applied.
    The newer Avery bumpers work very well in cold temps for me. Dog slobber could freeze on any cold surface.

Another vote for Gun Dog Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Videtto View Post
    I think it is worth the extra money to get a good bumper. Especially to use in the cold of the northeast. I get the DT Soft mouth from gundogsupply.com.

X2 stay soft in cold weather
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH
    Buck

Has anyone else noticed that the DTs just aren't the same anymore?

I love them, still the best choice for winter, but the ones I bought recently are not the same. These "Made in China" ones that I bought last fall are not as soft as the "Made in Korea" ones I bought a couple years ago.

I wanted to like the N&Bs (made in the USA) and the Averies (they support our sport) but I prefer the DTs. I also like the Dokken 2" bumpers, too bad they don't make them in the 3" size and in better colors.

MooseMtn, shipping from Gun Dog Supply is free for large orders, only $6ish for small orders, and they carry the N&Bs.

Also, folks, check Dogs Afield, a site sponsor, to see if they have what you want and at a competitive price. I have had good service from them.
    Last edited by mitty; 03-06-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    Renee P

GUN DOG SUPPLY Steve is awesome and so is the quality of people and service, 4 thumbs up!!!