The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best place to buy bumpers?

I love my Avery Hexabumpers. Not the cheapest, but high quality.
    HRCH Conecuh River's Elegant Ella

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the DTs just aren't the same anymore?

I love them, still the best choice for winter, but the ones I bought recently are not the same. These "Made in China" ones that I bought last fall are not as soft as the "Made in Korea" ones I bought a couple years ago.
    Asked them about that a while back and they said they were putting QA on the case. And sure enough when my last batch arrived a couple weeks ago, they were indeed back to the same old softness. Better news is gun dog supply told me yesterday they will finally be stocking the DT System black-and-white bumpers.

Avery? Hmm, maybe next we'll be asked to evaluate those EZ Rotational Molder bumpers for their "soft" brick exteriors too...thinking they (E-Z Rotationals) were invented originally as howitzer shell casings...

MG

Neumann and Bennetts out of Klamath Falls, Oregon. Made in USA out of non-toxic material. Perfect throwing weight with a rope. I can pitch the 2 in diameter in size up to 40 to 50 yds. Best all they are durable. I have some that are 27 yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by i_willie12 View Post
    gun dog supply they get all my business http://www.gundogsupply.com/dummies.html
    i second this. I buy all my training equipment from gundogsupply.
    Steven

Nordahl's Queen of Spades (Sadie)

Nordahl's Dream in Extreme JH (Dixie)

Wild Meadow Retrievers

Good Info, first I try to shop locally and 2nd I try to shop at places that support my item of interest (ie sponsors) and third I shop at specialty specific suppliers rather than the big box- suppliers of everything masters of none.

Quote Originally Posted by jollydog View Post
    The new AVERY bumpers are soft and I couldn't be happier with them. You can google Avery bumpers and find all the places they are available.
    They are a top quality bumper and I hope that we as retriever enthusiasts will support Avery for all they do for ALL our Venues.
    If we had a like feature... Avery would get five stars!

Avery does an enormous amount for the FT and HT games (nationals, seminars and more!). Their bumpers are great, easy for the dogs to hold, easy to toss whether marking a pile or throwing to a bird. Great, consistent quality.

And you can buy direct from their new web site!

Thumbs up!
    Last edited by JKOttman; 03-06-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    Josie Ottman

"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch," E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

www.RetrieverResults.com -- points, profiles and perspective.
    New reports on Qualifiers and Entrants for National Open, National Amateur, Master National and Canadian National and Canadian National Amateur.

They don't have all the N&B's bumpers on Gun dog. But I bought some of the other brands. Ordering straight from B&B offers good deals on the bumpers and I love their puppy duk and throw balls but can't justify the shipping costs

so I placed what seems like a weekly order with GDS

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the DTs just aren't the same anymore?

I love them, still the best choice for winter, but the ones I bought recently are not the same. These "Made in China" ones that I bought last fall are not as soft as the "Made in Korea" ones I bought a couple years ago.

I wanted to like the N&Bs (made in the USA) and the Averies (they support our sport) but I prefer the DTs. I also like the Dokken 2" bumpers, too bad they don't make them in the 3" size and in better colors.

MooseMtn, shipping from Gun Dog Supply is free for large orders, only $6ish for small orders, and they carry the N&Bs.

Also, folks, check Dogs Afield, a site sponsor, to see if they have what you want and at a competitive price. I have had good service from them.
    Brian & Jennifer Tucker
    Bennett, Colorado

Marks-A-Lot Babyface (2003 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX x Marks-A-Lot Call Me Cathy)

Marks-A-Lot Gangster's Midnite Star SH (2012 HR CH Marks A Lot Gangster QAA MNH CD WCX X Crabby Patty JH)

Dixie's Crimson Tide MH (Yup...a Golden!)

Marks-A-Lot's Irish Boy- AKA"The Pup"