The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: retriever clubs close to Macon Ga.?

Default retriever clubs close to Macon Ga.?

I have recently bought a pup and I am wanting train him my self but I would like to find a club to get involved with because I don't have a lot of knowledge on training retrievers and I would like to learn .
    Thanks in advance

old south HRC I think out of Madison, and Southwest georgia or SOWEGA HRC out of albany or americus or somewhere over there are the closest I think. I know nothing about them.

Hey 390sport, welcome to RTF.
    Old south HRC has training days at the Day/Didier farm once a month in Grantville Ga. which is close to Newnan.
    Atlanta Retriever club also has training days once a month at the same place.

We have a small group that trains there every weekend when we are not running trials.
    We would be happy to meet you if you are willing to throw birds and help on training days.
    You may think about putting your dog with Jerry Day for a few months. Jerry is great with young dogs
    and with rookie trainers, you could learn alot for a little investment.
    Give me a call if interested, good luck.
    404-580-6268

Gregg
    Gregg Leonard
    Roswell, Ga.

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QAA FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QAA
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH
    Buck

Thanks I'll try to contact them this evening

Thanks I'll give you a call later this evening

Old South and Southwest GA are going to be your two closest HRC Clubs and Atlanta will be your closest AKC club. Any one you choose is going to be a drive for you, but don't let that stop you. Southwest Georgia has their hunt test in Smithville on the 15th & 16th. That would be a good chance to go watch and get to know some people and it's a great way to spend a nice spring day.

Link to premium
    Last edited by Elaine Mitchell; 03-05-2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Added link to premium

SHR Turtlecreek's This 'Ol Cowboy - Tucker
    HRCH Oak Point's Traveling Man - Mason