The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tar heel ?

Congratulations to Joanna Lewis on Dash's (Seaside Shot in the Dark) Derby 3rd, handled by Ed Forrey! We're very proud of you!

rita

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Puwal View Post
    Qualifying has to have a 1st and a 2nd place awarded, but nothing else has to be given. So far, there is no minimum as to entries. The reason I know about the 1st and 2nd place so well is that I was at a Chesapeake FT Specialty in 1990 where the judges in the Q decided to withhold 1st and 2nd place and just award 3rd, 4th and JAMS. This caused an uproar with AKC and a letter disclaimer was then sent out to all current judges. Judges sometimes do get themselves into problems that could have been avoided with experience and/or asking an AKC rep.
    And why would judges do that, Pat??? Either 3rd and 4th deserved 1st and 2nd...then 2 JAMs 3rd and 4th...or? Crazy!! I think this particular trial came up some time ago on RTF in a thread, sounds very familiar.
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec CDX MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

I think it's worded that you can't skip placements. Not that 1st and 2nd must be awarded. Ie. if 1 placement is given if must be a 1st. If 2 are given they must be 1st and 2nd. etc.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Does anyone have the rest of the placements ?

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Open
    1 26 Titled
    2 3 Q for NARC
    3 25
    4 21
    Don't have Jams with me

Am
    1 4
    2 7
    3 14
    4 Anne Marshall - not sure which one
    Don't have Jams with me

Ken, again congratulations on Blaze's open win & FC and Patron's amateur win. You had an excellent weekend! Except for Friday's weather, the trial was wonderful. Grounds terrific, the open and amateur judges set up some very nice challenging tests, the Tar Heel Club worked extremely hard and everything ran smoothly. Thank you all for putting on a wonderful trial. Also, I just found out that the amateur 2nd also qualified Newt Cropper & Getty for the National Amateur.
    AFC Black Magic's Return to Lender "Repo"
    Candlewoods Fox-C Mel, MH QAA "Mel"

Thanks Wendy! Friday was a bit trying due to the weather, but the next two days made up for it. Thanks to our judges and contestants for making it a successful weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Puwal View Post
    Qualifying has to have a 1st and a 2nd place awarded, but nothing else has to be given. So far, there is no minimum as to entries. The reason I know about the 1st and 2nd place so well is that I was at a Chesapeake FT Specialty in 1990 where the judges in the Q decided to withhold 1st and 2nd place and just award 3rd, 4th and JAMS. This caused an uproar with AKC and a letter disclaimer was then sent out to all current judges. Judges sometimes do get themselves into problems that could have been avoided with experience and/or asking an AKC rep.
    That is not correct. Judges may withhold all placements or any placements, but they cannot have vacant placements. So, judges could not award a 1st or 2nd in a Q, but they could not give out any other placements--they would have to withhold all. They could award 1st and not 2nd, or whatever but once a placement is withheld, no further placements or JAMS can be awarded.

Great weekend, Ken!

Also, congratulations to Eric Rutherford and Hippie for the derby win and to Joanna and Ed for Dash' 3rd.

Nice derby win for Eric Rutherford and Hippie thats super. Congratulations !!!

Troublesome