The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the "End Game" ....Debt Clock is ticking.....

Default What is the "End Game" ....Debt Clock is ticking.....

How do we get out of this ?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Nobody is willing to address this and come election time it's raising taxes or government cuts. Political rhetoric to get votes. How did we get into this mess and is it possible to get out now that the debt is so high?

What would happen if we woke up one morning to an announcement that the Federal Government was bankrupt? Or will it be just record inflation as they print more dollars to stay solvent?

With almost 1/2 of this country being supported by Federal programs/ assistance what would happen if they did not get their checks? How could the government control the masses who no longer had free food, housing, and cell phones?

Is our debt a reality? Or fiction? Is there any way out? What is the "End Game"... Where do you see the United States in Ten Years? Would it behoove the very wealthy to pay off the National Debt for every citizen and require our leaders to balance the budget every year?

That Debt clock is ticking very fast....
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

it is a catch - 22
    in order to make smaller and make spending lower positions must be removed meaning more will be out of work.
    I have been proposing re-deployment of existing gov. workers for a long time. Instant freeze on new gov. workers. take people and move them around. Vast numbers of office drones in all gov (even military) doing the redundent doings could be lined up shoulder to shoulder an the southern border or stomping out wildfire or working in local schools or road crews.
    and other nations who owe us cash, It's our money and we want it now! You want us on your DMZ? Pay up. You want your island protected from Chine? Fork over the actual cost.
    And then, take our (yours and mine) gov. out of things it has no need to be in. Things that should be private funds anyway.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

How do we get out of this you ask?

First, one needs to support the ONLY political party willing to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment along with the willingness to eliminate the debt.

There is no End Game proposed by either the Dems or Repubs. The Repubs only want to slow down Deficit spending, not eliminate it.

Nothing will happen until leadership with balls is willing to take on Medicare and Medicaid, the two biggest drains of our country's wealth. Politicians would rather ignore the problem thinking it will go away. It won't and will only get worst. The guarantees to insurance companies under the ACA could dwarf the bailouts of 2007-08 in a few short years.

Military spending is out of control. Budget should be cut to 350 billion annually.

Make all Wards of the State, those on Public Welfare, actually work doing something even if it means picking up trash off the sides of roadways. People suffered during the Great Depression yet we emerged as the great and strongest country in the world. We at that time were mentally tough. The Dems and Repubs have made us soft since then.

Eliminate most Government Agencies and Departments. Most are counter-productive.

Finally, end the IRS and let the Free Market works its magic. By doing so, our economy would zoom!
    Last edited by Franco; 03-09-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    it is a catch - 22
    in order to make smaller and make spending lower positions must be removed meaning more will be out of work.
    I have been proposing re-deployment of existing gov. workers for a long time. Instant freeze on new gov. workers. take people and move them around. Vast numbers of office drones in all gov (even military) doing the redundent doings could be lined up shoulder to shoulder an the southern border or stomping out wildfire or working in local schools or road crews.
    and other nations who owe us cash, It's our money and we want it now! You want us on your DMZ? Pay up. You want your island protected from Chine? Fork over the actual cost.
    And then, take our (yours and mine) gov. out of things it has no need to be in. Things that should be private funds anyway.
    Damn Ken, sure you are not a Libertarian?
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    it is a catch - 22
    Have you discussed this with Bernie? - In my own little way, I remind those office holders seeking a donate
    that one of the conditions I expect to happen when we donate is that they do something about the real issues!

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    How do we get out of this ?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That Debt clock is ticking very fast....
    See above - when the money lenders demand a fair rate of return for their savings is when this will come to a head -
    Until then, be Alert & aware that so far, no one is working the issue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Damn Ken, sure you are not a Libertarian?
    We know you are not! A supporter of Mary Landrieu & quick to change the subject when LA's pork is being discussed.
    How you doing on the barging subsidies?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Have you discussed this with Bernie? - ?
    oddly yes
    he said he feels it would be a hardship on older gov. workers close to retire to be moved from office to Arizona border.
    and finding the who would choose would be the hardest. For a hippy, goofball commie who has never owned a hair comb he has a clue or two. I said hardship yes but nothing good is easy. He wants to run, you know?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

We know you are not! A supporter of Mary Landrieu & quick to change the subject when LA's pork is being discussed.
    How you doing on the barging subsidies?
    Well Marv, shortsighted once again and you have twisted my comments to fit your liking.

I said that I would support Landrieu against her Repub challenger. A man running on Family Values with zero ideas of how to grow the state's economy. The biggest issue on his website is that he is Pro Life all of which tells me he offers nothing. Landrieu would be difficult to vote against since she is Chair of the Senate's Committee on Energy & Commerce. She has the support of the Oil & Gas industry because they know she is Pro Drilling!

However, at our State's Libertarian Party meeting the past Fall, we have put one of our own into the race for Senate. Brannon McMorris, Libertarian is getting my money and vote!
    Last edited by Franco; 03-09-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Landrieu would be difficult to vote against since she is Chair of the Senate's Committee on Energy & Commerce.
    Has she really done anything constructive with her position of power?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

he said he feels it would be a hardship on older gov. workers close to retire to be moved from office to Arizona border. and finding the who would choose would be the hardest.
    Why not follow some example of the private sector. First, find the jobs can be eliminated (and the agencies) ... then buy out workers into early retirement retirement. Start with workers, for example, 62 or older. that hold such "non-essential" jobs. Fed retirement benefits are pretty generous. Send younger ones to AZ Then, as suggested, use attrittion to eliminate more Fed jobs.

No good can come of refusing to trim expenses. Without trimming spending, there will not be enough taxes to ever cover the budget, or the interest on the debt.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Has she really done anything constructive with her position of power?
    She's been on the committee for years and has not only championed more drilling, she was largely responsible for getting the gulf reopened after the BP mess. When it comes to energy, no one wields more power! All those new leases were opened up because of her influence. She also led the charge against FEMA's proposed new ridiculous flood rates.

Like I said, her Repub opposition is a joke.