The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is the "End Game" ....Debt Clock is ticking.....

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    NO, what I mean is that local and state officials know what the needs are in their area. What is needed for schools in an upper middle class town in CT is vastly different from the inner city of Chicago or NYC.
    I will take that comment one step further.
    Cross the line between New Fairfield CT and Danbury CT and you deal with apples and oranges. Danbury is a kiss the illegals butt area and then you gotta deal with crap You gotta pay for illegals spawn! Now schools are forced to waste money on non English speaking brats. That is the tip of the iceberg. You move 1mile and you from 2 parent households to Daddy in jail and mamma stealing from taxpayers!
    You go from living where public school is great to get my kid the heck away from this. This is nothing new! It was an issue in the early 70's! I came within 3 years of being sent to Catholic high school and not being Catholic. Thank God we got a public high school! Danbury had race riots at the high school that coud not be controled!
    So are you saying that the inner city schools should not get the same treatment as the more affluent areas? Don't you think better education would change the inner city schools? Less educated people reproduce more than better educated people. Maybe we should have an aptitude test at puberty, and those that don't make the grade get sterilized so they can't steal your money.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    So are you saying that the inner city schools should not get the same treatment as the more affluent areas? Don't you think better education would change the inner city schools? Less educated people reproduce more than better educated people. Maybe we should have an aptitude test at puberty, and those that don't make the grade get sterilized so they can't steal your money.
    shinny....I am surprised at you, " Less educated people reproduce more than better educated people." What a racist comment that is!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 03-15-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Again, a link to support this?
    Or did you just make it up?

I know you leftys are sticklers for facts and all.

No, I think the point is that the inner city schools may have different needs to deal with the issues that influence the success of their students. They may need more remedial reading classes to give those students a better chance at life, while other schools may need more advanced classes.

Violent schools may need more security to assure that students who want to learn have the chance to learn.

Different schools may not be able to meet the standards, due to failure in the past. The idea would to improve them as much as possible given their starting point. After they reach a certain age the schools will not be able to help them any more, as the kids will move out of the school system. So, if you have schools where kids are reading two grade levels behind, at least bring them up to grade level. There may not be enough time to get them reading two grade levels ahead. Right now the worse schools just keep getting worse.

We produced some very educated people when the local areas had more self-determination than they do today. I went to public school in NYS. You could get a high school "Regents Diploma" (meaning you had to take certain required courses for which there were state-wide, standardized exams) or you could get a "regular" high school diploma which did not require passing all the Regents-required courses. For kids who wanted to go to 4-yr colleges, a Regents Diploma allowed students from our small school (39 in my graduating HS class) to compete with the best of the best from places like Westchester County (a very wealthy area) and Bronx High School of Science (a highly-respected NYC high school).

We owe best effort to all students, but different schools may have different needs in order to do that.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    shinny....I am surprised at you, " Less educated people reproduce more than better educated people." What a racist comment that is!
    What is racist about it? There are uneducated people of all creeds and colors. The inner city is not an exclusive part of the city for minorities only. Your bigoted mind led you to immediately draw a picture of your view of the inner city uneducated people. Uneducated people are not from the inner city exclusively. Think Honey Boo Boo. Pretty dumb bunch there.
    Last edited by shinyhead; 03-15-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    No, I think the point is that the inner city schools may have different needs to deal with the issues that influence the success of their students. They may need more remedial reading classes to give those students a better chance at life, while other schools may need more advanced classes.

Violent schools may need more security to assure that students who want to learn have the chance to learn.

Different schools may not be able to meet the standards, due to failure in the past. The idea would to improve them as much as possible given their starting point. After they reach a certain age the schools will not be able to help them any more, as the kids will move out of the school system. So, if you have schools where kids are reading two grade levels behind, at least bring them up to grade level. There may not be enough time to get them reading two grade levels ahead. Right now the worse schools just keep getting worse.

We produced some very educated people when the local areas had more self-determination than they do today. I went to public school in NYS. You could get a high school "Regents Diploma" (meaning you had to take certain required courses for which there were state-wide, standardized exams) or you could get a "regular" high school diploma which did not require passing all the Regents-required courses. For kids who wanted to go to 4-yr colleges, a Regents Diploma allowed students from our small school (39 in my graduating HS class) to compete with the best of the best from places like Westchester County (a very wealthy area) and Bronx High School of Science (a highly-respected NYC high school).

We owe best effort to all students, but different schools may have different needs in order to do that.
    So how are the inner city schools going to get the funds to improve their curriculum? If the govt doesn't give the funding, where is the money going to come from? I highly doubt that the priveledged people are going to fund the schools so these inner city kids get a good education. If that were the case, wouldn't they have already done it?

What is racist about it? There are uneducated people of all creeds and colors. The inner city is not an exclusive part of the city for minorities only. Your bigoted mind led you to immediately draw a picture of your view of the inner city uneducated people. Uneducated people are not from the inner city exclusively. Think Honey Boo Boo. Pretty dumb bunch there.
    Nice try, to dodge.....when you said, "Don't you think better education would change the inner city schools? Less educated people reproduce more than better educated people." If any one other than a LIBERAL said this, they would be labeled as a Racist! How does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot?

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Nice try, to dodge.....when you said, "Don't you think better education would change the inner city schools? Less educated people reproduce more than better educated people." If any one other than a LIBERAL said this, they would be labeled as a Racist! How does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot?
    Not sure why that is a dodge, I read his previous comment and there was nothing racist about it.

Getting back on track...

Cuts have to happen. It will be hard on some folks. Not so much for some who are well off. I see duplication of goverment all around me. Local, State and Federal.

Services are best carried out at the local level for some programs, but not for all.. I don't think we need all the layers of Government programs. Yes Government creates jobs, but it is never efficient as if privatized.

Which programs can we gut ? Stay on track, if we can without getting personal.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.