The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know about this dog?

Default Anyone know about this dog?

Information on cosmo's raft creek storm, getting a puppy out of his upcoming litter and just wondering a little bit about him.

Certainly has a nice looking pedigree.

isnt the time to find out about a particular stud dog BEFORE you decide to get a pup

...who is the dam of the litter and what is she bringing to the equation
    Last edited by BonMallari; 03-09-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I cant find anything on the dam, was told the name was "smokes last ember". I told a friend I wanted a good dog and he told me about these. It is my first dog, so I'm just looking to get a basic knowledge of training, and wanted a dog sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by kade21 View Post
    I cant find anything on the dam, was told the name was "smokes last ember". I told a friend I wanted a good dog and he told me about these. It is my first dog, so I'm just looking to get a basic knowledge of training, and wanted a dog sooner rather than later.
    and your friend recommended a litter sired by a Cosmo son for your first dog...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

That was my first thought as well.....

don't know what the dam brings to the table... For the OP's sake I would hope that it is not much....

don't know the sire first hand but on paper........

BTW. Welcome to RTF and enjoy your pup... Lots of knowledgable people here..

Randy
    Last edited by Rnd; 03-09-2014 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Added welcome
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

Well I will be training under his supervision, and he has good experience. I just can't find anything on the dam of the litter, and am not familiar with all the dogs by name.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Kade,
    Not sure who the dam is, but daddy has a great "who's who"pedigree. If you can't handle (which I doubt) the pup, I'm sure someone will take him off your hands.

Cosmo at times gets an undeserved bad rep for siring crazy out of control pups. The bitch plays a major role as well. I myself bred a hard charging Stepper bitch to Coz twice and three of my buddies bred their high bitches to him as well (one repeating his), and NOT ONE of the 40+ pups was wild, noisy or out of control. I believe that the breedings produced 4 or 5 FCs and many MHs.
    The funny thing is, most of the pups went to amateur trainers. So, best of luck. You will more than likely enjoy the ride!!!
    Last edited by David Maddox; 03-09-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX-'09 Nat'l Finalist
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (•FC-"FINN",QAA-"Coal"-MNHofF, QAAs-"Tank", QAA-"Allie", MH-"Tease", QAA-"Hardy", MNH-Ruby)

RIP Sweet mama Dancy!!!

Alright, thanks. I appreciate everyones opinion. I'm sure I'll be on her quite a bit looking and asking for advice, tips, etc. Should be receiving the pup in 10 weeks or so.