The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote Democrat 2014

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Then why post it if it was not true?
    Oh it's true it just didn't come from Letterman!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    I find it hilarious that the lefty ignores the content and immediately disputes the source! Of course it didn't come from the Letterman show. Reminds me of some of the other lefties here that poke at spelling and grammar rather than engage in a debate of the issue.
    Liberal playbook: When engaged in political debate, step one - cry "racism!", step two - attack the opponent's spelling and grammar, step three - dispute the source of information. If opponent continues to attempt political discourse, quit the conversation.
    These statements are coming from the same person who posted this?
    Any time we speak in absolutes, we tend to be wrong. ... Speaking and thinking in absolutes stifles discourse and leads to the sort of ridiculous political arguments that we tend to have here.
    Seems like these statements are inconsistent.

I find it hilarious when a bunch of the right wingers continually post crap they receive in emails from right wing sources but do not bother to questions whether they are true. If this list would have been titled "uber right wing source gives top ten list to vote democrat". Then you would not have seen any response except for the usual echo chamber high fives.

On your playbook, what a bunch of bs. You just described the right wing playbook exhibited here daily. I could post multiple examples from swamp in the past week alone.
    Last edited by Henry V; 03-10-2014 at 11:25 PM.

We do know Dave, is so liberal, that he would never stray this far from the flock. However, the skit involving the democrats and top 10 list, in 2010, did touch a nerve with some of the sheep. I wanted to make sure there was something to follow up the low hanging fruit.

It is true in content but not as to the author.

I have just as much contempt for the D's as the R's. The main problem is the R's don't let you know their true hate/feelings. However, the D's show their hate in the open which, in turn, I give them more respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR7NqwFlQL8
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 03-11-2014 at 11:29 AM.

I find it hilarious that the lefty ignores the content and immediately disputes the source! Of course it didn't come from the Letterman show. Reminds me of some of the other lefties here that poke at spelling and grammar rather than engage in a debate of the issue.
    Liberal playbook: When engaged in political debate, step one - cry "racism!", step two - attack the opponent's spelling and grammar, step three - dispute the source of information. If opponent continues to attempt political discourse, quit the conversation.
    Not sure who you are calling "lefty", but no one who knows me personally would recognize that moniker. I just thought it was interesting that the list was attributed to Letterman. Would really love to see that list on Letterman. Would mean that Obama had finally truly fallen in the eyes of the true believers.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    These statements are coming from the same person who posted this?

Seems like these statements are inconsistent.

I find it hilarious when a bunch of the right wingers continually post crap they receive in emails from right wing sources but do not bother to questions whether they are true. If this list would have been titled "uber right wing source gives top ten list to vote democrat". Then you would not have seen any response except for the usual echo chamber high fives.

On your playbook, what a bunch of bs. You just described the right wing playbook exhibited here daily. I could post multiple examples from swamp in the past week alone.
    Not sure where you find inconsistency, but maybe you have a different understanding of "speaking in absolutes".

Please present the examples of Swamp resorting to calling others racist or attacking others' spelling and grammar here on the forum.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Matt,
    Use of "liberal playbook" suggests to me that everyone on the left here uses the tactics. Do a search of "typical liberal" and you will see a lot of instances where more than a few right wingers here seems to frequently deal in absolutes.

Regarding swamp, I have not noticed where he has criticized spelling. I could point to several threads where my spelling has been corrected and not by those considered to be on the left. Maybe those on the right use this tactic too?

I could also show a couple threads where he has dropped out of the conversation when asked to provide information to back his position. Look early in the long climate change thread where I called him out and he left this discussion. He did this on another thread recently too but you can only pay so much attention to this stuff.

Regarding playing the racist card and being accused of playing the racist card, it happen on both sides. When you search "typical liberal" you will find instances of this and some are from Swamp. If you search "messenger" you will find several instances where right wingers have used these tactics and I have called them on it (e.g. thought on executive orders thread).

Some people on both sides here use the tactics that you suggest are from the "liberal playbook". No absolutes.

Henry...seems odd that when you address others, you include me....maybe you are really starting to like me! OMG wouldn't that be something? Of course you realize that much of what you post and say, just does not deserve a reply.