RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Weird sneezing fits???

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  H.fairhurst 
#1 ·
Several times now my 1yo lab has had these weird sneezing fits. It's not like you normal one or two times and thats it. The sneezing fits look almost like some sort of seizure, he sneezes so hard and violently and maybe ten or fifteen times in a row. Ive seen it now maybe 6 times in the last few months.
Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

#6 ·
Regarding the cheatgrass and fox tail.... Not aware of any around me. With the winter we have had this year really have done anything other than yard work so I dont think he would have been exposed to any.
Not sure what to think but my instinct says this cant be normal.....

#8 ·
This info is worth exactly what you are paying for it. One of my dogs was a bigger chow hound than most. My wife was prying the top off of a salad dressing bottle and it hit the floor. The dog swooped it up and swallowed it (at least that is what we thought). Soon after she (the dog) would get these violent sneezing fits. Took her to two different vets. One scoped her nose and found nothing. Never had an Xray or MRI. She continued with the sneezing fits until one day she sneezes and out pops the top from the salad dressing bottle. No more sneezing after that. So considering you have a year old dog, its probably worth considering that he may have eaten something and its lodged somewhere near the nasal passages. Just a guess, but what you are describing is exactly what my dog was doing.

Good luck,

John Buesgens

#12 ·
Our male Golden has had allergies since he was a puppy. Periodotically, he would have the same 'attacks'. Or vet determined that it was related to his allergies. We finally found a combination of food that has stopped most of his allergies and these attacks have stopped.

Does you dog have any history of allergies...

#13 ·
Our male Golden has had allergies since he was a puppy. Periodotically, he would have the same 'attacks'. Or vet determined that it was related to his allergies. We finally found a combination of food that has stopped most of his allergies and these attacks have stopped.

Does you dog have any history of allergies...

None that I'm aware of. He has good skin , coat and appears very healthy other than these occasional sneezing fits

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.