The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SportDOG Remote Launcher System

Default SportDOG Remote Launcher System

SportDOG has released it's new launcher system. It is currently available at retailers and you can find full information about it on the SportDOG website.

Thanks!

We've been testing the new SportDog remote transmitter and receivers with the Gunners Up launchers and this is a first in class set up. Each receiver can operate up to 9 different launchers and has pre-programed duck, pheasant, & shot sounds. The transmitter is intuitive and easy to use. Truly a game changer.

Rich Davis
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

If Richard says "game changer" I've taken notice. Anybody else using them? I hear their out of stock.....go figure
    HRCH Wilson's God of Thunder - Thor
    HR Wilson's God of Mischief - Loki

I fail to see the game changer here. Dogtra will run 16 different wingers. And are proven.

Quote Originally Posted by tim bonnema View Post
    I fail to see the game changer here. Dogtra will run 16 different wingers. And are proven.
    Dogtra can only run 2 wingers per receiver, I believe SD receiver can run 9 launchers. Now if they can use this ability and operate a 8 shooter BB system and thereby do away with the BB electronics, they could have a gold mine.
    GRHRCH Huntington's Aged T Perfection MH...Colby (FC AFC Roux MH x GMPR Tyra MH)
    HRCH Huntington's All That Melody...Jazz (GRHRCH Boomer x Callie) Momma's Girl
    Huntington's Cool Customer... Chilly (Lefty QAA x Black SH)

I am trying to imagine a training scenario in which someone would run 9 launchers off of one receiver. These would all have to be setup pretty close together as the receivers are connected to the launchers via wires, no?
    Renee P

It could be handy. At times we put out 4 wingers and 1 retired unretired gunner.
    It could be handy to work Bumper Boys if it gets where you can not find recievers for them, it would take some work but could be done, would have to be set up like a winger.
    HRCH RP'S JUMP'N JOSIE MH
    HRCH GP'S PRINCESS HANNAH MH
    RP'S SOUTHERN BELLE

BLACK WARRIOR RETRIEVER CLUB

RANDY A. PRICE

Quote Originally Posted by priceskeet View Post
    It could be handy to work Bumper Boys if it gets where you can not find recievers for them, it would take some work but could be done, would have to be set up like a winger.
    DING, DING,DING!!!!!! This can and has been successfully done.
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Well build units, on the pricey side imo.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    I am trying to imagine a training scenario in which someone would run 9 launchers off of one receiver. These would all have to be setup pretty close together as the receivers are connected to the launchers via wires, no?
    i have seen it done quite a few times when we want a certain mark but is hard to get to. have 6 wingers in that spot with three recievers and hand throw the other marks. and hopefully you have help to hand throw the other marks.