RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Hunting Question

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jrrichar 
#1 ·
I have been hunting my almost 2 year old lab this past duck and goose season and when there's a slow period my dog wants tries to wonder around not paying attention is there any drills that I can do to help he relax and not be so almost out of control? any help would be great!

#2 ·
Obediance, sit does mean sit but how long can you expect a two year old to sit and wait for the birds to fly in? When I take my pups out I try to take them when I know there's going to be plenty of action, kind like taking a kid for the first time. I did not expect my dogs to site for hours waiting for the occasional bird.

I will even shoot the occasional coot if nothing else is happening. Like any other part of my trainnig I build on this portion of the game, extending the time with each outing(if necessary). Usually by the end of the season the pup is stiing like a well behaved hunting partner and watching for the next flight.

Regards,

#4 ·
Great book with lots of drills -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.