The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eukanuba Premium Performance 30/20 Name Change.

Default Eukanuba Premium Performance 30/20 Name Change.

After being told by all of the local Eukanuba Dealers that Premium Performance 30/20 has been discontinued, I called Eukanuba for information.

I was told that it is undergoing a bag/name change, and the former UPC is in fact discontinued.

The new name for Premium Performance 30/20 is going to be Premium Resilience 30/20. And it is the exact same formula as before. There are no formula changes.

In the meantime, you could have a lot of trouble finding Euk 30/20.
    There is none in stock locally, and I'm going to have to order it online.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown

Great, almost out, had to buy a 33 LB bag at Pets Mart for $57, might be time to change to Pro Plan Performance

Euk seems to change "names" on the bag frequently.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Great, almost out, had to buy a 33 LB bag at Pets Mart for $57, might be time to change to Pro Plan Performance

I just made the change myself. Didnt want to but they drove me to it. So far PP is working out ok.

You folks your dog will love PP 30/20. Have been using it 12 ys and no problems. PP had name and bag changes but they have done a good job marketing. My last bag was on sale at Pet Supplies Plus for around $40 so I grabbed a bag. I don't like to keep alot around as these are big bags with long expiry dates. Good luck.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Dr. Ed you may try out victor 30/20. a year and half ago when i switched no one had ever heard of it. then 2 weeks ago while at Red River talk of dog food eventually came up and alot more of you texas FT boys are making the switch. even one of the "big" texas pros is giving it a try. cant beat the price at $29 (wholesale) or $32-33 (retail) for a 40lb bag. no corn, soy, wheat, or gluten in all their formulas. most of the pros i know are feeding either the "teal" bag 30/20 or the "purple" bag 26/18

plus i know how you texas guys like texas products...made in mt. pleasant, tx

http://www.victordogfood.com/

Yep. Same here. I'm going to take a look at Victor.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Senior Member Gary Wayne Abbott I's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    After being told by all of the local Eukanuba Dealers that Premium Performance 30/20 has been discontinued, I called Eukanuba for information.

I was told that it is undergoing a bag/name change, and the former UPC is in fact discontinued.

The new name for Premium Performance 30/20 is going to be Premium Resilience 30/20. And it is the exact same formula as before. There are no formula changes.

In the meantime, you could have a lot of trouble finding Euk 30/20.
    There is none in stock locally, and I'm going to have to order it online.
    I have had trouble buying any for the past month. I just yesterday received 20 of the new bags and they are labeled as Performance. Another nice surprise was the 33lb bags that that I ordered and paid for are now 29lb bags.

Feared by ducks, envied by hunters and loved by dogs.

Nomadic Retrievers
    http://www.nomadicretrievers.net/

Marketing scam, Coke comes out with a new flavor and you can bet your ass Pepsi will shortly.

As far as Victor, you buy hamburger you pay hamburger price, you buy prime rib you pay prime rib price, QUALITY ingredients cost no way around that.
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

you are right I have read that Euk is going down to a 29 lb bag and you can be sure that the price will not go down. This seems to be a yearly marketing ploy. How small a bag can they get down to.
    Don't tell me that costs have gone up that much in the last year. I understand it when grain prices soared 3 or 4 years ago that they had to recoup some of that but feed costs are down if anything this year.

I really like EUK and its not a big deal when you are feeding one or two dogs but when you have 6 or 8 or more it really makes a substantial cost increase that cant be ignored. And I don't believe that Euk's sponsorship of retriever sport is a strong as it was. They were not in attendance at the National Championships this past year.
    Straw that broke the camels back??

Mark