The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What about that lost jet?

Default What about that lost jet?

Was listening to a professional pilot on Hannity this afternoon while in the car ... his take on the situation was that if it had been blown apart (either by some plane failure or terrorism), some debris would have been found. If the plane had sunk, the tracker beam would have gone off; they are set off by salt water. If, on the other hand, the pilot had set the plane down on land, relatively softly, the tracker would not have been activated. The pilot can deactivate the tracker, but he could think of no reason why a pilot would do that. If there was rapid decompression, he said it takes just 5 seconds for the pilot to get his oxygen mask. This plane can glide for a long distance.

So what happened to the plane?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Who knows but the media cares alot more about a missing plane than what Putin is up to. In the world scheme of things Putin's antics are much more important.
    Diversion????
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Was listening to a professional pilot on Hannity this afternoon while in the car ... his take on the situation was that if it had been blown apart (either by some plane failure or terrorism), some debris would have been found. If the plane had sunk, the tracker beam would have gone off; they are set off by salt water. If, on the other hand, the pilot had set the plane down on land, relatively softly, the tracker would not have been activated. The pilot can deactivate the tracker, but he could think of no reason why a pilot would do that. If there was rapid decompression, he said it takes just 5 seconds for the pilot to get his oxygen mask. This plane can glide for a long distance.

I believe the article was in one of the 2014 Reader's Digests about people using old planes for "something" and just leaving them behind. More to it of course and they had bought the old plane in this case. Worth reading.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I believe the article was in one of the 2014 Reader's Digests about people using old planes for "something" and just leaving them behind. More to it of course and they had bought the old plane in this case. Worth reading.
    RDA still exists? I worked for a division of them in the early 90's. Amazing art collection at HQ.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

It blew up at high altitude as the expert says. It's the only theory possible. If over water the debris field too spread out, fuel was vaporized so no slick.

Our spy satellites that watch for rocket launches may have information on any explosion, but to divulge the existence of secret technology is not going to be public.

The technology is available for smart black boxes that transmit data to satellites GPS coordinates in real time with flight performance data, but that cuts into airline profits if they are installed.

God rest those lost souls.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I buy into the theory that it was hijacked by elves who are keeping it suspended.

Forget all the guessing about where the plane is located. If it could have been found using the black box, military radar or any other providers radars.

Here we have a plane full of individuals which I bet over 70% had some type of computer device. Now planes use satellite internet service providers. Only one passenger, of mostly Chinese, needs to be communicating and the government has their ping. Just as good as any radar. The location of the plane is known period. Now developing a good story is the issue.

That is the reason for all the good propaganda pictures of people scanning the horizon with binoculars out of peep holes in the ship sides. Only a loon would believe this stuff. It's to good for TV. Nope it has been on the late news, liberal websites and yes even Drudge.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 03-12-2014 at 12:13 PM.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...ally-Shut-Down
    This article gives some interesting facts ... including saying pings were made to satellites as long as 5 hours after other communications stopped. Interesting, too, the engines of the plane send pings back to the manufacturers!

The Chinese are not happy since most of those aboard were Chinese.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Remember when golfer Payne Stewart's plane flew for hours after all on board lost consciousness.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...t/stewfs14.htm
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith