The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor Dog Food

Quote Originally Posted by phillip1119 View Post
    What seems to make this ratio so popular? I'm a Euk 30/20 lifer, but all this talk of change has gotten me thinking....
    id say 26/18 is most popular (purple) for working dogs. or yard dogs the blue which is like 22/10. Field trialers I've polled mostly use 30/20 though

Feeding 4 Working dogs and a pug with stomach issues and food allergies. All dogs have been on it for around 4 months and it works great!!
    "if it flies it dies, then it fries"

CPR Duffys FIre Eyed Jade
    CPR GMPR Duffys Jazzed Up Rippin Ruby QAA
    up and coming: Duffys Jazzy Jaded Emeralds got a Chance JH

I am in the process of switching from pro plan to Victor. The results are good so far. It is not as easy to find as pro plan in PA but it is cheaper and seems to be a higher quality food.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmeade View Post
    I am in the process of switching from pro plan to Victor. The results are good so far. It is not as easy to find as pro plan in PA but it is cheaper and seems to be a higher quality food.

The Green Barn In Zelienople. I train with the owner an she recommended this food to me, looks like a good food, fair price. I think Im going to try the Performance with Glucosamine formula
    Last edited by Erik Nilsson; 03-13-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

I'll echo what most are saying. I've been feeding the 24/20 for 3 months and I am very happy with it.
    Redstars Hayseed Bo ..... "Butch"

Two labs on the Yukon River for about 14 months. Both eat it up, never any left.
    Both coats are good and shiny, no stool issues that I've noticed.
    No complaints with Victor here.

Chessie pup started on TOTW and his stools were constantly loose, switched to Victor(red bag) and he has done fantastic. Switched our old lady to it as well this week and no problems so far.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I switched to Victor (24/20) 1 month ago and just found a new dealer near our new kennel (I know, a ton of transitions!) our old location was 40 min from a dealer, but now we're 20.. So I switched as soon as I could.

Stools were firmer/darker almost immediately. All dogs have more energy than before, and coats are good. So far, so good!

My dealer did get a new distributer and he called asking if I wanted anything different... Has anyone fed both the 24/20 and 30/20? If so, what was the difference? Particularly in the amount you fed and energy level.
    -Barton Ramsey

We have been feeding Victor to all our dogs nearly a year. Feed 1/2 less than other brand- Only food that would keep weight on my husband's competitive field pointers. So far very satisfied and reasonable in price. We feed professional (purple bag) and approx $35 with tax per bag.
    -Martha Veatch

Lab crew from KY Breeze and Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Bartona500 View Post
    I switched to Victor (24/20) 1 month ago and just found a new dealer near our new kennel (I know, a ton of transitions!) our old location was 40 min from a dealer, but now we're 20.. So I switched as soon as I could.

Stools were firmer/darker almost immediately. All dogs have more energy than before, and coats are good. So far, so good!

My dealer did get a new distributer and he called asking if I wanted anything different... Has anyone fed both the 24/20 and 30/20? If so, what was the difference? Particularly in the amount you fed and energy level.
    I have fed both. I think the energy levels are the same on both. I fed the same amount of both. The only real difference I can see is the color of the bag! I asked my food guy who has a degree from Cornell in nutrition what his opinion was. He told me the 24/20 hands down... that the extra 6% protein was not necessary. I have seen zero fall of in energy or recovery since switching from Euk 30/20. IMO, its just a better food.
    Joe Overby
    Candler Creek Retrievers
    www.candlercreekretrievers.com
    GRHRCH UH "Hooch" MH (HRC 1500 pt. club)
    HRCH "Tater" MH