The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy transport

Default Puppy transport

Looking for any possible rides for 4 english pointer puppies from Minneapolis area to Savannah or Charlotte area. I have contacted Katie Becker and may go that route. Can't seem to make any headway on air cargo out of Minneapolis, though I have had a pup come from there in the past via Delta dash. Pups will be 7 weeks old March 19th. Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Just sent a pup on Delta from Mpls to Tulsa earlier this week for $280.00 + crate + health certificate. I will offer to transport your 4 pups for $325.00 a piece and will personally drive them down there if it can be coordinated for a weekend. If interested, shoot me an email.
    "Speed of the captain, speed of the ship."

Travis Lund
    Stony Brook Kennels
    www.stonybrookkennels.net
    Foley, MN

Thanks. How do you arrange the puppy flight...call Delta air cargo? I really am concerned about one puppy, mine. Just trying to help the recipient of the other three, so would have to connect with him regarding the driving option, but I appreciate the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    I think that 280.00 for Delta dash is for all four pups, not each. I was recently looking at that, perhaps I misread their pricing.

Here is a link to the pricing http://www.deltacargo.com/Portals/2/...2013-04-01.pdf
    That is normal freight rates. See note 3 re: live animals as excluded.

Travis Lund
    Stony Brook Kennels
    Foley, MN

Quote Originally Posted by stonybrook View Post
    That is normal freight rates. See note 3 re: live animals as excluded.
    Thank you much for pointing that out, I completely missed that. Delta Dash is definitely off my list of possible options. I will be calling Kati at Move the dog.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

The other thing to consider is flying to your pup and bringing it home on the plane with you. Pups can be carried on in approved container/bag for a fee and held in your lap or under your seat. I have done this 2x and it worked out nicely. Have also shipped pups to AK, CT, LA and most recently to OK via air and all have arrived safe and sound.

Travis Lund
    Stony Brook Kennels
    Foley, MN

Quote Originally Posted by stonybrook View Post
    The other thing to consider is flying to your pup and bringing it home on the plane with you. Pups can be carried on in approved container/bag for a fee and held in your lap or under your seat. I have done this 2x and it worked out nicely. Have also shipped pups to AK, CT, LA and most recently to OK via air and all have arrived safe and sound.
    I looked at that option too, and it looks like it would be a wash in my case with the move the dog option minus my having to personally go. Although there are benefits to my going, I just have other things to do here when the pup will be 7 weeks and would rather not have to personally make the trip.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Pups being that young shouldn't be hard to find someone to ground ship for a good price. $325 per pup seems like a lot. If you want someone to ship on ground PM me I've got a guy I use that's pretty fair. I've used American Airlines to ship from Ky to Nevada even had a connecting flight. It was about $200 not counting crate and health certificate. But still way cheaper than driving.
    Last edited by Ethompson63; 03-12-2014 at 03:22 PM.

I used Scott Judie- KMT, there prices are very reasonable! I had a pup delivered from NY to NC
    For $350 the other company's wanted close to a thousand dollars, which I thought was crazy!
    All you have to supply is health record and food if needed. I was very happy with the delivery and will be using them with my future litters if needed.
    Last edited by Amy Avery; 03-12-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a Labrador Retriever makes you rich!

www.akskennels.net

I had my pup flown out from Maine to California last October. I didn't really like the idea but it was the only way I knew at the time. Pup arraived in good shape. She had urinated in the crate but waited until I pulled her out before she pooped so that was good. It was an extremely long day for her though, 10 AM eastern time to 11 PM Pacific time. I took the following day off from work so I could be with her. I think they are very resilient.