The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Vivek Hallegere Murthy ... and the Second Amemdment

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    just because the platform is superior doesnt mean the candidate is also...I think what we are seeing in politics is people wrapping themselves in whatever flag will get them elected..a couple of years back every candidate embraced the TEA Party, now its the Libertarian Party, as they try and distance themselves from the status quo
    I think you will see the quality of candidates improve as quality candidates see the writing on the wall.

In La. we have a quality guy running against Mary Landrieu in Bannon McMorris for US Senate. He is a successful engineer, family man that has built his own successful business. He understands the problems most small businessmen experience because of our over-reaching Fed Government. We don't expect him to win but will make a very decent showing thus opening more eyes to the Libertarian movement. Heck, we now even have our own Primetime show on Fox Business Channel! In fact, we have candidates all across the county in all major races today. Problem is ballot access because the monopoly created by the Dems and Repubs in not allowing third parties into the Primaries. States like Texas with their closed Primaries are a disservice to all tax payers!

We are a movement of the people and by the people. Not a movement financed by Lobbyist, Special Interest and PACs.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-14-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I agree, we do need a second Party, the Libertarian Party! It will take some time but, as the Repub Party remains the Party of 55 year old plus white males, the Libertarian Party will grow with all demographics because the appeal is much broader.

The Political Class today is the ruling class as they no longer serve us but, we them.

In regards to that Florida election, it set a record for spending by the Dems and Repubs for a House race! Remember, we don't have that Special Interest money that the Repubs and Dems do and we really don't want it.
    Is that who voted Republican in FL???

All old white guys?

Are there only 4.8% of Floridians who are pot smokers????

Tit for Tat regards.............
    Last edited by road kill; 03-14-2014 at 11:04 AM.

I think you will see the quality of candidates improve as quality candidates see the writing on the wall.

In La. we have a quality guy running against Mary Landrieu in Bannon McMorris for US Senate. He is a successful engineer, family man that has built his own successful business. He understands the problems most small businessmen experience because of our over-reaching Fed Government. We don't expect him to win but will make a very decent showing thus opening more eyes to the Libertarian movement. Heck, we now even have our own Primetime show on Fox Business Channel! In fact, we have candidates all across the county in all major races today. Problem is ballot access because the monopoly created by the Dems and Repubs in not allowing third parties into the Primaries. States like Texas with their closed Primaries are a disservice to all tax payers!

We are a movement of the people and by the people. Not a movement financed by Lobbyist, Special Interest and PACs.
    I agree the Libertarian is the next viable political party, however they have been and will continue to run into the R+D monopoly until their is election reform.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Only if one believes he was in fact born here.
    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Prove that he wasn't. Nobody can come up with solid proof that he was not born here..
    Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Regardless he certainly wasn't raised here with the beliefs and values of the average American.

like the old Vermont farmer said....
    "if your cat had kittens in the oven, would you call um biscuits?"
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Good morning Ken - You made my morning start w/a biscuit laugh !

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Is that who voted Republican in FL???

All old white guys?

Are there only 4.8% of Floridians who are pot smokers????

Tit for Tat regards.............
    Repubs will do well is the deep south, some western states and lower Midwest. I even expect them to take the Senate in the mid-terms. It is when the entire nation gets a chance to vote that they are in trouble.

Taking the White House is a whole different story. That won't happen until they are either willing to join the 21st Century or are replaced by the Libertarian Party.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

So Franco....since you have such deep insight.....where will the Libertarians do well?

I want to start a Party called the Constitutionalists. Dedicated to rights and freedoms of every citizen living under the Bill of Rights.

where would we be without those basic rights.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    So Franco....since you have such deep insight.....where will the Libertarians do well?
    They will do well with voters that can no longer relate to the Dems and Repubs! You know, the two Parties that have created the mess we are in as they are both equally responsible for it.

I expect them to also do well with the 21-44 year old vote. The younger generation is beginning to realize that they have been sold out and will have to pay for the bad done by the Repubs and Dems.

We will continue to grow in influence as the people feel the pinch of higher taxes, less choices and loss Liberties. One reason we are the largest political group on American Campuses is because we are Fiscally Conservative and Socially tolerant. Two qualities that aren't represented by the Repubs and Dems.

Basically, what we offer is a future. Something the Repubs and Dems don't!

Political revolutions do not happen overnight nor in one or two election cycles.

I predict Mary Landrieu will lose this next election, but not to a Libertarian.